Not connected, Your IP: 18.234.55.154
korgen

Problem with Disney+ and Prime Video

Hi

I purchased a Shield TV Pro as recommended HERE especially for Prime Video and Disney+. I had no problem to sideload Eddie app on the Shield pro.
I'm located in France and I'd like to watch their US catalog, so I select an US server, it connects perfectly. I also installed a web browser to check if my ip is located in USA and it's ok.
BUT...

- Prime video still gives me french catalog (with french movies)
- Disney+ gives me an error 73 or 83

I tried everything I could, even uninstall/reinstall Disney and Prime. Is there something I'm missing ?

Streaming is a thing with VPN providers. It might or might not work.

Prime Video is probably only offering the french catalog. because you have a amazon.fr account?
I don't know how they segregate content in detail - probably not by IP, but by account location (.com/.de/.fr./.es/..).

Disney is blocking you, because you are using a VPN:

Disney Plus   error code 73 is a region error code that indicates you are in a region where the service is not available. This code appears when location data from your internet service provider (ISP) or location services on your phone tells the Disney Plus servers that you are in an unsupported location. This problem is usually caused by using a virtual private network (VPN) while inside a supported country or by physically being in an unsupported country.

I see, but in the previous topic I made it clear that I was considering buying an android media player specifically for Prime Video AND Disney+ with airvpn, and that I didn't want to buy for nothing ! If it doesn't work, why did he let me spend 200€ ???

What's the point of developing a vpn client for Shield or Firestick if it's useless ! Sorry but I'm pissed.

On 11/24/2022 at 10:06 PM, korgen said:

I see, but in the previous topic I made it clear that I was considering buying an android media player specifically for Prime Video AND Disney+ with airvpn, and that I didn't want to buy for nothing ! If it doesn't work, why did he let me spend 200€ ???

You must be fair here: It was you who made the decision to purchase it. No one was telling you to do so.
Also, you greatly misinterpreted Staff's messages: They did not test Disney+ in France. They tested whether the client can be sideloaded on the Shield, whether it connects and whether it correctly routes traffic. The client is working as intended.

On 11/24/2022 at 10:06 PM, korgen said:

What's the point of developing a vpn client for Shield or Firestick if it's useless ! Sorry but I'm pissed.

Just because the client is useless for your specific use case does not mean the client is useless as a whole. The decision to spend 200€ for software and hardware before testing the setup out with as little cost as possble is a decision you made; in essence, this means you're really pissed at your own decision. All the information here do not indicate that you specifically asked the community whether the Shield + client works with Disney+ in France, you just assumed without proper testing it does. If you had asked, someone would've linked threads to Disney+ topics detailing that it's a very wild hit and miss. It can work, but mostly it doesn't, even on PC.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Bullshit !

First of all my 1st sentence was "I'm looking for a solution to watch Amazon Prime or Disney+ from another country on my TV." 
The fact is it's impossible and HE KNEW IT. Honesty would be to tell me it wouldn't work instead of let me know the oposite.

You're really funny !! Spending 200 or 30€ for a Shield pro or a Firestick IS NOT THE QUESTION. Even if I purchased a 30€ device, he shouldn't let me believe in lies. Besides, you think I would buy for 30€, try and if it worked send back the device, asking refund and buy 200€ device ? That's stupid and a waste of time !
I'm pissed by incompetence and dishonesty form a staff member.

So you tell me the purpose of installing a vpn in a STREAMING STICK is not for watching streaming services from different countries ? LOL ! Spoiler alert : it's the ONLY use that 98% people do !!
Next time you'll tell me to not buy a car to drive on the road ?

The staff member did indeed make a mistake by ignoring my intention when I clearly expressed it from the start. I was a hotline technician and I'm still in computer maintenance, the FIRST thing to do in this job is to listen fully to what the customer says, what this guy has not done. Defending him by putting the blame on me is nothing more than another proof of dishonesty. If it's to tell bullshit, no need to answer people.

@korgen

Hello!
1. Access to Primevideo occurs on an account identity basis tied to home country (the country the customer declares to live in, even temporarily). It can be changed in the "Preferences" of Primevideo accounts. Countries of access and residence must match. It is not duty of AirVPN staff member in a community forum courtesy reply to know and/or teach you how to use a third party service.
2. Eddie Android edition is not restricted to AirVPN. It is free and open source software which can be configured to connect to any other VPN supporting WireGuard or OpenVPN. Thanks to its flexibility, it can be run even with smart DNS services during a VPN connection.
3. The answer by a staff member you mention in the  thread you link in your post clearly focuses exclusively on the compatibility of our software with various devices you mentioned. It does not claim anything else.

We have now locked both threads and hard copied them in order to preserve them because the relevant staff member and AirVPN might decide to sue you if you insist with your insults. Any other reader can decide by him/herself who lacks good faith here.

Regards

To moderators: please don't unlock. Account korgen subjected to pre-moderation for abusive behavior (obscene language, flames, insults) in order to protect community forum composure.