Not connected, Your IP: 52.55.55.239

https://safing.io/spn/

Saw this advertised recently, claims to be a "bridge" between TOR and a traditional (AirVPN like) VPN. It works by using different "routes" or IPs for each connection.

Anyone got any thoughts on this? I'd love to see a feature in Eddie to connect to different nodes on a per app basis - sometimes I'd like to say have an app like "Steam" with one IP and a browser with another for geolocation reasons!

On 11/8/2022 at 7:35 PM, airvpnforumuser said:

I'd love to see a feature in Eddie to connect to different nodes on a per app basis

This needs at least two different implementations of that feature, one for Windows and one for Linux (macOS either the one for Linux or a third, unsure). It's not as easy as on Android for example where including/excluding apps is part of the VPNService API. So you simply provide a package name there and it's routed through the VPN, or exempt from being routed through there.

Not impossible on PC, but also not the focus of AirVPN as a whole, I'd say.

About the Safing thing, it looks like some kind of MITM proxy which forwards application traffic to something like an anycast proxy server. I don't see where the VPN in SPN is, but I also didn't look too closely into it.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Plain vanilla with common sense usually works best.

But hey: It's Built for Privacy. So you can use it along with Spotify, Steam (as advertised) and why not Facebook, TikTok and LinkedIn.. 🙂