Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.131.142
Ernst89

High latency using London servers

Presumably some bandwidth problem in the London M247 data center. 

Directly via my ISP, pings are 100ms+ to: Asterion, Geminorum, Kitel. Any ping through a tunnel using those servers is >100ms+

If I tunnel to a Manchester or Amsterdam servers, things are ok. I can even ping the above mentioned London servers in < 20ms via a Manchester or Amsterdam AitVPN tunnel.

I'm not claiming to have deep insight but this looks like a peering/bandwidth problem.

Depends on so many factors but sure pings should not be that high. Ideally connecting to the closest servers to your real location should give you decent speeds.

I do find I have to alternate servers though so sometimes Manchester ones or London but I hit generally 22-30ms on say Alshain or Alathfar via speedtest, those 2 seem to be my favourites and less issues.

Are you doing it via a wired or wireless connection? Wireless can give you some lag sometimes, so try ethernet wired.

Also worth doing some testing at home, if you are using 3rd party routers try your normal ISP supplied router and directly hardwire ethernet cable to the PC or Laptop and re-test again with both clear ISP and also under AirVPN, this way you can be 100% sure its not an ISP line issue or its an Air issue and retry speedtest or similar again.

Worth even trying different ethernet cables and double checking the Isp supplied router is normal and not introducing line or latency issues, checking with the broadband ISP supplier to see if there is a line fault is always worth a check also before going about running several test. I know with Virgin media for example
they always have high utilization faults or problems with lines, this is why I went Fibre instead.