Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.139.73

Hey there,

I am verry annoyed by increasing restrictions for VPN-usage, especially for Netflix and other Streaming-sercives but also many different websites which block just a huge amount of possible AirVPN-IPs.
Is there a good possibility to whitelist for example netflix so I can see its all content but still be anonym on other websites?
Idk if this is technically impossible, so just asking, maybe there is another solution?

2 hours ago, Professor Kislih Shey said:

Idk if this is technically impossible, so just asking, maybe there is another solution?

The solution would be to disconnect from AirVPN, or better yet, pay with your wallet by not paying Netflix.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

The solution would be to disconnect from AirVPN, or better yet, pay with your wallet by not paying Netflix.

@OpenSourcerer

I don't understand what you mean with "pay with your wallet by not paying Netflix".
As I said its not just netflix, many websites block AirVPN IPs/VPNs in genral and its annoying to disconnect or connect through many servers till I find one who is working.

1 hour ago, Professor Kislih Shey said:
As I said its not just netflix, many websites block AirVPN IPs/VPNs in genral and its annoying to disconnect or connect through many servers till I find one who is working. 

I feel you, but that's what you indirectly subscribe to when you subscribe to a VPN. It just comes with the environment and you must find a way to work around this that works for you.
There is not much AirVPN (any VPN, really) can do without starting a tedious cat-and-mouse game.

7 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

I feel you, but that's what you indirectly subscribe to when you subscribe to a VPN. It just comes with the environment and you must find a way to work around this that works for you.
There is not much AirVPN (any VPN, really) can do without starting a tedious cat-and-mouse game.
Thats what I am asking for, something like a whitelist - Its fine for me to show my clear IP when I have whitelistet the website.
Turning Eddie on/off when necessary is not possible, I use it basically with networklock because I don't want to forget turning it on when I enter websites where I am not okay with showing my IP.

Isn't the Routes-List in Eddie something like this? Found a thread here with similar question, but it is not working on perfectly right now
When I whitelist for example ebay-kleinanzeigen.de with its IP, I can access to the website with my private IP, so it seems like there is a possibility.
Netflix for example is not working, I think its because netflix uses an range of IPs ?
Maybe there is a possibility to enter the full range without entering IP by IP?

12 hours ago, Professor Kislih Shey said:

Netflix for example is not working, I think its because netflix uses an range of IPs ?
Maybe there is a possibility to enter the full range without entering IP by IP?

Right. Well, have a look at Netflix' route announcements. Let us know when you're finished adding them all, because it's assumed any of them can be used. ❤️

You did not say what OS you use. For Windows I use the methods for traffic splitting described here:

https://github.com/tool-maker/VPN_just_for_torrents/wiki/Running-OpenVPN-on-Windows-without-VPN-as-Default-Gateway

You may find that too technical /overwhelming. Or just too much work.

If not, then the script there for running SQUID HTTP proxy from Cygwin bound to the VPN IP interface (while keeping the original interface as the default) could be modified instead to bind to the real IP interface (while letting the VPN be the default). Then a browser/Firefox instance using SQUID would not use the VPN.

21 hours ago, zmithia420 said:

Personally I set up a privoxy proxy on a linux server, then set that server to run through AirVPN.
I then use OmegaProxy plugin with firefox to specify which websites bypass the VPN and which use it.

The Linux server is a virtual machine? If the OP is comfortable with Linux on a VM (e.g. Debian/Ubuntu on Virtualbox), then yes, they can run the VPN there.

If people are familiar with "ssh", then they can avoid having to learn about any HTTP proxies.

They could start an SSH "dynamic"/SOCKS tunnel to the VM from Windows. Something like "ssh.exe -N -D 127.0.0.99:7665 -p 8822 user@localhost". Windows provides "ssh.exe" now. There "8822" would be a port forwarded to the ssh "22" port in Linux by Virtualbox. Then have an instance of a browser that uses SOCKS at 127.0.0.99:7665.

On 8/22/2022 at 3:31 PM, NaDre said:

The Linux server is a virtual machine? If the OP is comfortable with Linux on a VM (e.g. Debian/Ubuntu on Virtualbox), then yes, they can run the VPN there.

If people are familiar with "ssh", then they can avoid having to learn about any HTTP proxies.

They could start an SSH "dynamic"/SOCKS tunnel to the VM from Windows. Something like "ssh.exe -N -D 127.0.0.99:7665 -p 8822 user@localhost". Windows provides "ssh.exe" now. There "8822" would be a port forwarded to the ssh "22" port in Linux by Virtualbox. Then have an instance of a browser that uses SOCKS at 127.0.0.99:7665.

I actually just use a spare raspberry pi, running privoxy and openVPN. Then on Firefox I use the OmegaProxy plugin to specify which sites should use that proxy.
This also allows me to tell specific applications to use the proxy, and in turn the VPN, where required.