Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.214.123
IG-11

IPv6 detection doesn't work

Hi,
Seems like after fixing DNS leak tests, IPv6 detection ended up broken. Both boxes just show same IPv4 address.

1.thumb.png.a48e1cc3932634eae067c75b9e8520bc.png

Cannot reproduce. Tried disabling IPv6, but it correctly shows as unsupported/failed test. Tried the same while connected to a server, displays what it's supposed to display.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

From what I understand ipleak poorly handles requests from Firefox

Firefox 103.0.2:
1.thumb.PNG.ad95566edf0544b655869c05584f9b4d.PNG

Chrome 104.0.5112.102:
2.thumb.PNG.a586e42d6fa82e07bd71b7605ee49a13.PNG

As I wrote, I cannot reproduce this regardless of the browser I use, so I'm still inclined to believe it's on your side, not IPLeak's. Can you try a clean profile?

On 8/14/2022 at 3:17 PM, IG-11 said:

Hi,
Seems like after fixing DNS leak tests, IPv6 detection ended up broken. Both boxes just show same IPv4 address.

1.thumb.png.a48e1cc3932634eae067c75b9e8520bc.png

On 8/18/2022 at 9:16 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

As I wrote, I cannot reproduce this regardless of the browser I use, so I'm still inclined to believe it's on your side, not IPLeak's. Can you try a clean profile?

I'm having the exact same issue. It only happens in firefox chrome is fine. Sometimes if I wait a bit and then refresh the page it'll show ipv6 properly but most of the time it looks like IG-11's screenshot. It also only started doing this after the site was fixed.

This issue has been happening since the DNS detection came back up. It shows IPV4 for browser default and fallback in Firefox.

Like This:
1247704399_Capture1.thumb.png.a6dc8825b4d14e30c2824e66001c2c19.png
Waiting for a bit and then refreshing the page can sometimes fix it and make it show up right like it did before.

Like This:

1552683666_Capture2.thumb.png.105cf7f8eb73ea408d94173b8d07b94d.png
Chrome and chrome based browsers like Vivaldi don't have the issue and show up just fine.

Like This:
1306466409_Capture3.thumb.png.9a8d95b0d79088f7c0f1be46465377a9.png
I use windows 10 if that matters at all.

I saw another post of the same problem. Is anybody else besides me and the other poster having the same issue? Thanks for the help.

Same issue for me using MacOS/Firefox since the DNS issue has been fixed. Seems related to Firefox because IPv6 is displayed with Safari.

33 minutes ago, tom7812 said:

Same issue for me using MacOS/Firefox since the DNS issue has been fixed. Seems related to Firefox because IPv6 is displayed with Safari.

I thought it might be Firefox too but I installed an older version that I know I used with no issues and still got the same problem so I ruled that out.
I think some other changes where made to the site while fixing the dns issue and what ever those changes are they don't play nice with firefox.
I also tried librewolf a browser based on firefox it had the same issue too.

Would you look at that, I was able to reproduce this randomly. Showing both IPv6 for me. Interesting.

Hi, thanks for the report.
I also experience both IPv6 addresses, randomly, only with Firefox under Windows.
Note: a request to ipv4.ipleak.net (having only A record, not AAAA) is received server-side as IPv6, inexplicably. It seems related to some network 'optimization'.
Currently, I disabled the keep-alive server-side, it seems related and the issue is resolved, but still under investigation.

We also have an 2nd problem: DNS detection throws errors sometimes, but this is not related to the issue above.

Just started here with Firefox and Seamonkey (both mozilla products).  I tried under Konqueror (KDE) and it works fine.

My guess is Mozilla added yet another default in about:config that breaks something, in this case probably IPv6 detection in IP Leak Test.  I am too lazy to look for these since I have a work-around should I need to use that site.

Yeah, the problem source is definitely Firefox. I was using Mullvad's check IP page as an alternative and lately it started showing duplicated IPv4 addresses as well.