Not connected, Your IP: 54.198.37.250
Joe B.

IPLeak.net not working

Posted ... (edited)

Same problem here and started happening at the same timeframe that Joe B stated

Edited ... by Pepepexa
Add on ss for 7/29/22

Is there a plan in progress to fix "DNS Detect feature under maintenance, try later. Sorry." or is this a permanent new feature?

6 hours ago, Pepepexa said:

Is there a plan in progress to fix "DNS Detect feature under maintenance, try later. Sorry." or is this a permanent new feature?

Of course it's neither permanent nor a feature… 😮 please give them some time to fix it.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Posted ... (edited)
1 hour ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Of course it's neither permanent nor a feature… 😮 please give them some time to fix it.

Well it's good to know they're aware of the DNS Detect feature not working and are working to fix it.

Thanks. Edited ... by RYFA

On 8/1/2022 at 3:37 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

Right, but you don't work there but yet have scads of input on what they are doing. For those of us considering buying Airvpn, how about let us hear from the people that work at Airvpn.

33 minutes ago, Pepepexa said:

but yet have scads of input on what they are doing.

Isn't it a natural thing to assume that people work on things which worked for years but stopped working recently, especially if the message those people put forth reads "feature in maintenance"?

39 minutes ago, Pepepexa said:

For those of us considering buying Airvpn, how about let us hear from the people that work at Airvpn.

If you are interested in a private yet official word, please create tickets.

You know, I fail to understand how a missing DNS checking feature, which is replaceable by any other DNS checker on the internet, on a website AirVPN offers as a convenience feature for everyone, not only AirVPN users, make you question whether AirVPN is a good VPN provider. If it were a widespread server outage left unexplained for weeks, yes, this would be concerning, but AirVPN never failed to communicate such things in the past. I think we can cut AirVPN some slack here for not doing the same with a side feature of a side project.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

2 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Isn't it a natural thing to assume that people work on things which worked for years but stopped working recently, especially if the message those people put forth reads "feature in maintenance"?

You know, I fail to understand how a missing DNS checking feature, which is replaceable by any other DNS checker on the internet, on a website AirVPN offers as a convenience feature for everyone, not only AirVPN users, make you question whether AirVPN is a good VPN provider. If it were a widespread server outage left unexplained for weeks, yes, this would be concerning, but AirVPN never failed to communicate such things in the past. I think we can cut AirVPN some slack here for not doing the same with a side feature of a side project.
Your failure to understand as a non AirVPN employee does not constitute analysis by buyers of the service.  Buyers should not rely on fanboism to determine their buying choices.  Again, I don't need to hear from you I need to hear from them and it's their forums not yours.

Hello!

Interestingly, a sharp flood attack hindering the DNS detection feature has overlapped the maintenance. It will be used by the maintainer as an opportunity to update the server, rewrite the firewall rules, perform a deep maintenance and check whether the new setup will be able to neutralize the attack. In the meantime all the functions are working except the DNS detection related routines, which are most vulnerable to the type of ongoing attack, according to the web site maintainer. The web site is totally split from AirVPN infrastructure, so there's no time pressure as AirVPN service is completely unaffected, of course.

Kind regards

On 8/5/2022 at 8:23 AM, Pepepexa said:
On 8/5/2022 at 5:57 AM, OpenSourcerer said:

Your failure to understand as a non AirVPN employee does not constitute analysis by buyers of the service.  Buyers should not rely on fanboism to determine their buying choices.  Again, I don't need to hear from you I need to hear from them and it's their forums not yours.
As a non AirVPN employee may I kindly suggest you try something akin to https://ip-api.com

--
It is not unusual for those at the wrong end of the club to have a clearer picture of reality than those who wield it.
Noam Chomsky

Posted ... (edited)
On 8/8/2022 at 6:58 AM, Baryshnikov said:
As a non AirVPN employee may I kindly suggest you try something akin to https://ip-api.com

Ok, I will try it and I hope it will work for me. But little later because right now I want to complete my essay assignment by taking help from https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/government here and when I am done with my assignment after that I am gonna try it.

Ok, I will try it and I hope it will work for me.

Edited ... by AnnaLewis