Not connected, Your IP: 44.201.68.86

I'm glad I found this sub-forum. I've been using AirVPN for the past 5 years and never had such problems as now. Pretty much can't use it, because 3/4 of sites I'm visiting won't open. Seems like everyday there's a new one. Most of the European servers are being blocked (if not all of them), can't even access sites such as an audio software developer https://www.liquidsonics.com/.

What's going on?

Discussion at

https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/51463-us-servers-blocked-to-lowes-tractorsupply-many-us-servers-blocked-to-backyardchickens/</a>

is similar but leaning to DNS issues as the explanation.  You might try disabling any DNS screening you have configured in your Air account or even, if that's easy in your setup, enabling alternate, non-Air DNS, just to see what happens.  Here I use Air for data but Quad9 (via DNSCrypt) for DNS on most of my clients, and I have none of the problems you describe.

Posted ... (edited)

Thanks! Will try that.

EDIT: tried several DNS servers - Quad9, OpenDNS, Cloudflare. Nothing worked so I guess it's not that.

Edited ... by @TSc6b5PezZka4s

Yeah im in the same boat used airvpn for years at the router level, the ammount of websites blocking vpn connections or adding loads of extra hoops to jump through to get access is a real issue, its becoming unusable unfortunatly, things like shopping, payment sites and booking sites are the worst but at the moment even my local car dealer site is blocked. Im seriously considering ditching it.

Are other VPN providers blocked as often as AirVPN?   Almost anything hosted by Cloudflare is blocks AirVPN I've noticed.  However, Id guess NordVPN is maybe the most utilized VPN by the Public, or PIA (private internet access).  I wonder if their servers are blockes as often, or moreso than AirVPN servers?  TechWire or some online zine should break it down and give us some VPN website blockage data for comparison  :P    Imgur.com is funny b/c it blocks AirVPN servers, but an easy workaround is to use Tor   :P

Yeah, this is becoming crazy. Many websites I use daily have put on VPN blocks. I've circumvented it by routing traffic around the VPN (route add xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx %default_gateway%), but some sites, mainly ebanking, block me even when I put their IP address outside of the tunnel.
Heck, even my local pizza place website is blocking me. 😂🤡

I am facing similar issues. Cloudflare traffic is getting blocked frequently, which makes AirVPN unusable for private torrenting. Every torrent is stalled. 

Same for me! AirVPN worked perfectly during the past 3 years - since yesterday I cannot even access the German broadcasting ARD since they are now blocking AirVPN. This happened during the past 24 hours!
What's going on here? How to avoid this? Is AirVPN already aware of this problem? And if yes - what are the countermeasures? I lately renewed my AirVPN abo for another 6 months - but under these circumstances it's useless...

19 hours ago, unn4m3d said:

I am facing similar issues. Cloudflare traffic is getting blocked frequently, which makes AirVPN unusable for private torrenting. Every torrent is stalled. 

Cloudflare only blocks VPN-s when the client/web site owner chooses that option. So it would not be Cloudflare making such a choice.

I am on most of the best private trackers. Some with their HTTP(S) trackers screened through Cloudflare. None of their trackers block VPN-s. And connections to peers do not go through Cloudflare. So whatever your problem is, it has nothing to do with Cloudflare.

Some private trackers do block access to their web sites (not the trackers) using VPN-s.

===

Some public trackers do block VPN-s. The solution there is to enable DHT and be sure the torrent really is public. Not marked as private.

5 hours ago, NaDre said:
Cloudflare only blocks VPN-s when the client/web site owner chooses that option. So it would not be Cloudflare making such a choice.

I am on most of the best private trackers. Some with their HTTP(S) trackers screened through Cloudflare. None of their trackers block VPN-s. And connections to peers do not go through Cloudflare. So whatever your problem is, it has nothing to do with Cloudflare.

Some private trackers do block access to their web sites (not the trackers) using VPN-s.

===

Some public trackers do block VPN-s. The solution there is to enable DHT and be sure the torrent really is public. Not marked as private.

I M not facing issues with other VPN service providers. These hickups are related to AirVPN.

I agree, what happend with AirVPN over the last month?
So many websites that I cannot longer access . I also contacted AirVPN for support but all I got was a reply that everything is fine. Further questions weren't answered and the ticket is still open.

So many websites I use have worked in the past but without access, AirVPN is useless. It's pretty sad but it's time to find a new provider I guess. Why istn't the Stuff responding?

i see and have this problem myself...
is this being worked on @Staff?

“We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster than we should that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to feel nothing so as not to feel anything—what a waste!”
André Aciman