Not connected, Your IP: 3.12.34.178
pjghangouts

Need Setup CLI Linux Help / Linux OS is not my strong point.

Posted ... (edited)

So I'm moving VPN's from Torguard to AirVPN. [also, I'm mainly a google search troubleshooting person]

Have eddie on a Windows machine, which is all setup and running, but now I'm trying to move my NAS (Debian/OMV) from Torguard to AirVPN

Even thought I thought I updated the config, using the 'sudo openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/AirVPN_Canada_UDP-443.ovpn' and then I did a curl https://ipinfo.io/ip which gave me a different IP (184.75..x.x) to my usual one with Torguard, I thought I'd done it. (although it does just sit there in the terminal saying 'Sun Jul  3 17:00:48 2022 Initialization Sequence Completed' and i had to open another client window to check the ip) also if I wait a few mins, and do the curl https://ipinfo.io/ip it has dropped back to my Torguard IP.

I rebooted and the machine went back to the original IP address (or Torguard VPN)

When I did the command again, again, it switched, but I have a game in a docker, that before the switch, I was able to connect too, but, when it's on the 184.75..x.x IP address, I'm unable to connect (shows offline), but, reboot, go back to original VPN (as that is it's default at the moment) I'm able to connect back to the game and it shows online.

Can someone please possible help me with the step by step, so I can copy and paste into the console so I'm able to switch from Torguard VPN over to AirVPN. I already have my ports selected in the client area and pointed to the ports I need in the game.

I'm also using duckdns (and in a docker) so when I'm on the 184.x.x.x address, it is getting updated.

Google is not my friend on this problem I face today.

EDIT:

So, I decided to copy the AirVPN details into the 'client.conf' that is in the /etc/openvpn folder and rebooted, and the vpn appears to connect, I got the 184.x.x.x IP and it shows in the client area. But, due to the ports on the game being UDP, I'm unable to test connects, as I know most port checking needs a port to be listening to see, but when I add the IP, it says the server is offline, and I know it's not, as if I check/add via my local 192.x.x.x ip, it shows online.

Just wonder what the next troubleshooting step would be now?

Thanks
PJ

Edited ... by pjghangouts

On 7/3/2022 at 11:07 PM, pjghangouts said:

Just wonder what the next troubleshooting step would be now?

Did you forward ports?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.