Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.40.97
Staff

Eddie Android edition 3.0 preview available

@Staff

Is that a limitation of Wireguard? Because with OpenVPN i have no issues having cake and eating it too lol

17 hours ago, VPN3rd said:
@Staff

Is that a limitation of Wireguard? Because with OpenVPN i have no issues having cake and eating it too lol

Hello!

You should have the identical behavior. Can you open a ticket and send us a report as usual while you're connected with OpenVPN, with some "excluded" app?

Kind regards

wireguard disconnected,
/Settings/System/Esclude Local Network From VPN was deselected
now I toggled on an see
log send

even with Escuded local network on
it keep disconnecting
after I can't access the log, connection button grayed out, I've to go to Server and connect to one manually and than it reconnect and I can get the log

send in client area

3 hours ago, harold.lewis said:

wireguard disconnected,
/Settings/System/Esclude Local Network From VPN was deselected
now I toggled on an see
log send

Hello!

Can you please tell us the exact system you run in your phone? We see Android 13 from the report but probably you have a custom ROM since you have a Pixel 6. We would like to know what it is to check whether the malfunction is specific.

after I can't access the log, connection button grayed out, I've to go to Server and connect to one manually and than it reconnect and I can get the log

We need to understand this part fully. Please check below and confirm or deny that each step is right:
  1. You leave the device unattended
  2. After some time, you find the device with the screen off
  3. You turn the screen on and you find Eddie disconnected. At this stage, check on Android bar whether your network is up or not (according to Eddie it's not) and tell us what you find (do not test with a browser because your leak prevention Android settings will not allow traffic)
  4. You can't access Eddie's log view at all (please make sure you can confirm or deny this for sure). What happens when you tap the "Log" entry in the side drawer? Is it totally unresponsive? Note that it is normal that the Log button on the status tab is missing when network is off.
  5. The big button for quick connection and disconnection is unresponsive too
  6. You force a connection by selecting manually a server and immediately the log view is again available and Eddie connects to that server instantly.

Kind regards

1) Yes, not much use of the phone
2) Auto screen off after 15 second
3) Yes this after some time, for network on I will check, not remembering now if the LTE shows up...
4) Yes, there is not log button, only message of not connected in Connection Status
5) Yes, unresponsive
6) Yes, after tapping a server manually in Server tab, it reconnects and in Connection Status the button Log is again available

2 hours ago, harold.lewis said:

1) Yes, not much use of the phone
2) Auto screen off after 15 second
3) Yes this after some time, for network on I will check, not remembering now if the LTE shows up...
4) Yes, there is not log button, only message of not connected in Connection Status
5) Yes, unresponsive
6) Yes, after tapping a server manually in Server tab, it reconnects and in Connection Status the button Log is again available

Thanks a lot. Now, about point 3 and 4, can you please check? Turn on the screen, and wait some time, until the network is up (check Android indicator), Also try to access the Log via the side panel (the drawer which you can access settings etc. from). Note whether the log view opens or not (it should be accessible regardless of network and Eddie condition).

When the network is up, go to Eddie and check again whether Eddie still does not reconnect by itself (big button still unresponsive or not? does Eddie report "disconnected" status in spite of network up?).

If the network never comes up (wait at least a minute or two after you have turned the screen on, and keep thee screen on, do not allow it to go off again) try to switch off your LTE connection (from Android settings (*) ) and then on again, and check what happens both to your device and Eddie.

Thank you in advance for all the additional tests.

(*) IMPORTANT: If your device connects via WiFi to an LTE router (and not directly by using a SIM in itself), and your switching on/off the WiFi card doesn't change Eddie status, reboot the router (or press the activation button which is available on certain LTE routers) and check whether Eddie status changes after the router has re-established the LTE connection.

Kind regards

I connect directly via SIM mobile data,
one question, mi wifi option is off, how to keep Settings//System/Esclude local network from VPN, off or on?

33 minutes ago, harold.lewis said:

one question, mi wifi option is off, how to keep Settings//System/Esclude local network from VPN, off or on?

Hello!

Local network exclusion is not possible when the connection is on LTE/mobile, so it's irrelevant, don't worry about it.

Please review our previous questions and reply when you have time to do so, because we have some ideas and we need confirmations (or denials) from you to fully understand the issue.

Kind regards

experiencing strange behaviour...
after connecting it manually at 16,58 it disconnects and reconnects well

today eddie disconnects and reconnects two-three times and reconnects but the third or fourth time it fails to reconnect
I left the screen on for 5-6 minutes after failing to reconnect but nothing happens, eddie icon change to key and nothing can connect

32 minutes ago, harold.lewis said:

today eddie disconnects and reconnects two-three times and reconnects but the third or fourth time it fails to reconnect
I left the screen on for 5-6 minutes after failing to reconnect but nothing happens, eddie icon change to key and nothing can connect

Thank you, this is a relevant information. You can stop sending us reports, we have collected enough data. Now you should tell us, if you can, and this is very important too, the exact name and version of your phone custom ROM.

Kind regards

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that Eddie Android edition 3.0 Beta 3 is now available. The original post has been updated accordingly.

New in Beta 3:

• objects management change in order to prevent Android GC from destroying them and causing various issues while Eddie is connected through WireGuard and swiped out
  • latest OpenVPN3-AirVPN library, linked against OpenSSL 1.1.1r
  • bug fixes resolving app crashes after peculiar actions
  • minor bug fixes
The first change is critically important and resolves the multiple problems reported both in the current thread and privately. When Eddie 3.0 preview up to beta 2 version is connected via WireGuard and swiped out, if you recall Eddie after some time (especially but not exclusively when the device screen had been turned off or the device had been locked), you may find it reporting incorrect status, reset and stuck connection statistics, quick connection button frozen. All the problems affect every previous Eddie 3.0 preview version, in every Android version, only with WireGuard connections, and have a single common cause which was finally found. The latest beta 3 resolves the whole issue according to our tests. If you experienced any of the above problems we warmly invite you to test again in the same conditions and report back.

Find full description, download link and SHA256 signature in the first post of this very thread.

Thank you very much for your tests and please report and describe any bug you find!

Kind regards

You forgot to update Beta 2 to 3 in text: "You can download Eddie Android 3.0 Beta 2 AP K directly from our repository:" :)

6 hours ago, Alexei Sator said:

When will this be available on Playstore?

Hello!

When a stable version is available. Since there are no bug reports so far and the internal testing is just fine, it could be quite soon.

Kind regards

3 hours ago, Staff said:

Hello!

When a stable version is available. Since there are no bug reports so far and the internal testing is just fine, it could be quite soon.

Kind regards

Thanks