Not connected, Your IP: 3.88.60.5
Staff

Eddie Android edition 3.0 preview available

39 minutes ago, 183aTr78f9o said:

I uninstalled alpha 1 and installed alpha 2 so that app data was reset, yet MTU value is still set to "0" by default in Advanced > MTU. Had to change it manually to 1320.

Hello!

"0" means no override and you will find the "Setting MTU to 1320" log entry . If you enter a different value you will find "Forcing MTU to <value>".

Nice. Is 2FA authentication support planned too?

No, since a 2FA to run an app is not welcome by users. You can anyway set a Master Password as you know. It will be used to encrypt and decrypt all the local data and you must enter it each time you run the app for the 1st time in a session. Keep in mind that by enabling a Master Password (or using 2FA) you will prevent Eddie to connect during the device bootstrap but through profiles.

Kind regards

9 hours ago, 183aTr78f9o said:

Indeed, my bad. However, ProtonMail and TutaNota apps still cannot fetch data at all with default MTU, despite seeing:

[Info] Setting MTU to 1320
in the logcat. Explicitly setting MTU value to 1320 in Settings > Advanced fixes the issue for me.

yup i am also facing this issue!

15 hours ago, zsam288 said:

i'm opted in to beta on the google playstore but it's still on 2.5?

iirc these builds have to be installed via the link provided, and will not be part of the google playstore beta release until the stable release.

On 7/24/2022 at 9:42 PM, walker551123 said:

it gives a version for windows ?

Use the link provided in the first post of this thread.

seems to work well on my pixel 6 with GrapheneOS
automatic connect fast on startup, no notification sound as the stable version but for me is better...
stable was having difficulty on automatically connect on startup

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that Eddie Android edition 3.0 alpha 3 is now available. The original post has been updated accordingly. New in Alpha 3:

• bugfix related to WireGuard default MTU size (please test again by setting "0" as MTU size in settings)
  • bugfix related to WireGuard re-connection failure
  • bugfix related to WireGuard profiles parsing
  • some events handling rewrite
  • NEW: (re)connection ability implementation, fixing specific WireGuard failures, for example when switching networks in Android 12

Find full description, download link and SHA256 signature in the first post of this very thread.

Thank you very much for your tests and please report and describe any bug you find!

Kind regards

Alpha 3 on GrapheneOS
start vpn at boot works well with openvpn and wireguard
wireguard connection time is impressive
system settings with vpn always on, vpn lock in eddie settings

@harold.lewis

Hello!

With VPN Lock enabled Eddie can not reconnect by itself: the operator intervention is mandatory to manually disconnect and re-connect. When you have enabled Always on VPN and Block traffic if VPN is inactive Android settings you can safely disable VPN Lock which is an obsolete option in Android 8 and higher versions. VPN Lock is still available to prevent leaks on older versions. Can you please test whether the problem you confirmed still occurs with VPN Lock disabled?

Kind regards

if block traffic if vpn is of in sistem is on will not reconnect, when I uncheck it will reconnect immediately
I will do more test today

On 7/29/2022 at 9:37 PM, 183aTr78f9o said:

Same here but don't you have re-connection issues (with WireGuard only) if you stop using your device for an extended period of time?

Question for @harold.lewis too: what is in your case an extended period of time?

@harold.lewis Can you please send us a report from Eddie via the dedicated option in "Log" view (tap the "send" arrow and note down the code)? You can send us the link to it in a ticket.

Kind regards

@harold.lewis

Hello!

No malfunctions detected, the behavior is expected, because the device is not connected to any network and correctly Eddie can not initiate a new connection. It's a very different case from the one reported by @183aTr78f9o - in his case the network is up and Eddie tries to reconnect, then an error occurs and an exception is thrown.

We would like to cross-check with the logcat the network status. Please follow our previous instructions to send us a report. Do not send us only the log but a whole report (by tapping the "send" icon, i.e. the arrow-like, rightmost icon) and preferably do not publish it here if you don't edit your real IP address beforehand, for you own privacy protection! Send to us, in private via a ticket or an e-mail to support@airvpn.org, only the link.

Kind regards

On Android TV & Google TV. When deleting the log file. The vpn connection breaks and restarts and have to login and connect again. 

15 hours ago, Kenwell said:

On Android TV & Google TV. When deleting the log file. The vpn connection breaks and restarts and have to login and connect again. 

Hello and thank you for your tests!

Can you please generate and send us a report after the problem has occurred (the log will be wiped out, but the logcat will still be available)? In the "Log" view please tap the "send" arrow, it will create and send to our servers a full report, and you will be given the link to it. Note down the link or the code and send it to us a in a private ticket, or via e-mail to support@airvpn.org. Thank you!

Kind regards

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that Eddie Android edition 3.0 Beta 1 is now available. The original post has been updated accordingly.

New in Beta 1:

• extensive VPN binding management rewrite
  • option to access the local network even when connecting over WireGuard
  • dark theme
  • OpenVPN linked against new OpenSSL 1.1.1q
  • compliance to additional Android 13 requirements
  • WireGuard disconnection and re-connection management fix
  • fix of reported bugs

Find full description, download link and SHA256 signature in the first post of this very thread.

Thank you very much for your tests and please report and describe any bug you find!

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

Good day Airvpn team. I just installed your last version of  Eddie Android edition 3.0 Beta 1   on my android. So far so good, would like to suggest instead to have the list of all servers sorted by their alphabetical name (will be way better to have city name then server name), it's possible to sort them by performance or have the possibility to do it. Countries like Canada or USA have several servers and it is hard to found the best performance server. Thank you for your hard work.  

SmartSelect_20220903-204022_Eddie - AirVPN GUI.jpg

Edited ... by Михаил