Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.19.251
Sign in to follow this  
noszilla

Remote Port Forwarding

Hello guys, i love the vpn. I just have one last problem to sort out.

I have verizon fios, they recently replaced the router. My problem is that i cannot get a port to turn green on the remote port forwarding page.

All of them turn gray, i have tried for three days now and have forwarded god knows how many ports. I am leaving the fields blank with TCP and UDP selected, port 443.

I use the OpenVPN GUI, and i have not messed with the router at all. My connection and speeds are fine, just can't get a port to turn green.

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Hello!

Can you please make sure that while the test is running your services are running as well and listening to the correct ports?

Kind regards

Posted Image

Here is the speedtest. Before they replaced the router, it took me many many ports to find a green one as well. Based on the log config it seems to be connecting to the right port.. I can paste the log if needed.

Posted Image

Here is the speedtest. Before they replaced the router, it took me many many ports to find a green one as well. Based on the log config it seems to be connecting to the right port.. I can paste the log if needed.

Hello!

The forwarded packets to your ports are tunneled like all the rest, so it's not relevant which ports on the router you open or not (but it's important that on the router you do NOT open the same ports that you have remotely forwarded in order to prevent correlation attacks).

Once you have remotely forwarded a port or multiple ports, please make sure that the related service is running and listening to the same port(s).

Just a question, why did you publish the speedtest? It has nothing to do with the forwarded ports tests.

Kind regards

I feel kind of lost here. I just don't know how to find a port that will have a proper 'green' connection. I know to set my client to listen to that port, i get that. I can't find one that comes up green in the first place.

I feel kind of lost here. I just don't know how to find a port that will have a proper 'green' connection. I know to set my client to listen to that port, i get that. I can't find one that comes up green in the first place.

Hello!

It's not a hunting game! :) The port you have remotely forwarded must match the port your service listens to. After you have started the client, begin the tests. Which client is it?

Kind regards