Not connected, Your IP: 3.21.233.41
Sign in to follow this  
johannes2510

AirVPN on Android 2.3 not rooted?

I have search in the forum but it seems that I am the only who want to use AirVPN on an android with 2.3 (GB) not rooted.

There is a chance for me?

The only discussion that I have foun is:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=2075&Itemid=142#2080

but I don't want to use third part software if is possible.

If I have lost some discussions about I apologize in advance.

PS

Amazing work Air!

No hope? Niente? Nada? Please....

Hello!

As far as we know you need to "root" your device with your Android version in order to use OpenVPN. All in all it is a simple operation.

Kind regards

No hope? Niente? Nada? Please....

Hello!

As far as we know you need to "root" your device with your Android version in order to use OpenVPN. All in all it is a simple operation.

Kind regards

I know but I don't want to void the guarantee... Maybe in future you can find a trick for non rooted phones?

In any case the app Feat VPN works like a "bridge" between the server (Air for me) with openvpn and the service L2TP builted in the phone. But I don't know how secure is. In their explanation says that the L2PT protocoll never go outside the phone; it's just a protocol translation internal the phone. Advices?

In any case the app Feat VPN works like a "bridge" between the server (Air for me) with openvpn and the service L2TP builted in the phone. But I don't know how secure is. In their explanation says that the L2PT protocoll never go outside the phone; it's just a protocol translation internal the phone. Advices?

Hello!

Cute observation. Given the stated conditions, theoretically there's no security problem at all. We're going to test it under the security point of view in the next days and we'll update the thread.

Kind regards

Hello!

Cute observation. Given the stated conditions, theoretically there's no security problem at all. We're going to test it under the security point of view in the next days and we'll update the thread.

Kind regards

Fine thanks! Grazie! I wait for your test.

For those who are intrested FEAT VPN is free for one our/day; after that you need the pay version.

PS

Really you understand my english??? Can't beleve...

I have found the page on Feat vpn site where they explain the question.

Go to http://www.featvpn.com/#forum and choose "Introduction"

THE UNDERLYING TECHNOLOGY

You are probably aware of the built-in Android VPN client. On most devices it is accessible via Settings > Wireless & networks > VPN settings. Its supported VPN protocols are PPTP, L2TP, and L2TP/IPsec. Normally, you would use the built-in client to connect to, say, a remote L2TP server. The fundamental idea behind FEAT VPN is to not connect the built-in client to a remote server, but, instead, to connect it locally to the FEAT VPN app on the device. The FEAT VPN app then sits between the built-in L2TP client and the remote OpenVPN server and provides VPN protocol translation:

Outbound. FEAT VPN receives IP packets from the built-in client via an L2TP connection and forwards these IP packets to OpenVPN, which forwards them via an OpenVPN tunnel to a remote OpenVPN server.

Inbound. OpenVPN receives IP packets from the remote OpenVPN server via an OpenVPN tunnel and forwards these IP packets to FEAT VPN, which forwards them via an L2TP connection to the built-in client.

The following diagram illustrates this idea.

Note that the security of L2TP is not relevant here. The L2TP connection is established between two apps on the same device: the built-in L2TP client app and the FEAT VPN app. L2TP packets never traverse a network, because they never leave the device. Security issues of L2TP thus do not apply to FEAT VPN.