Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.255.113
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbj

Proxify error

Guest rbj

I was investigating proxies and came across Proxify while connected to Air. They didn't seem to happy too see me. At the top of the site it read "Proxify error." Down below was this statement: "You are connecting to Proxify from an IP address which has been associated with abusive or fraudulent activity. Due to the risk of fraud and potential for abuse, Proxify cannot allow you to login or subscribe to the service via this IP address. If you believe this message is in error please contact us and we will investigate right away."

I wasn't sure what to do as this has never happened to me before. Anyone else? If I disconnect it defeats the purpose of using VPN.

I was investigating proxies and came across Proxify while connected to Air. They didn't seem to happy too see me. At the top of the site it read "Proxify error." Down below was this statement: "You are connecting to Proxify from an IP address which has been associated with abusive or fraudulent activity. Due to the risk of fraud and potential for abuse, Proxify cannot allow you to login or subscribe to the service via this IP address. If you believe this message is in error please contact us and we will investigate right away."

I wasn't sure what to do as this has never happened to me before. Anyone else? If I disconnect it defeats the purpose of using VPN.

Hello!

From which Air server did you notice that warning?

That Proxify checks your IP address may be interpreted as a sinister warning: they might be willing to back-track you in case you don't use their service as they would like you to.

Kind regards

Guest rbj

I was using Leporis. And yeah, I thought if that's their attitude, then I probably don't want anything to do with them. So I left.

I was just wondering if anyone else had had that happen to them. I'll stick with AirVPN, thank you

Guest rbj

One more thought because of what you mentioned. I read through part of their Terms of Service (after disconnecting from Air) and it didn't take long to realize that I didn't want any part of what they were offering. They are based in N.Y. state, U.S.A. and the U.S. is not as free and open towards the internet as lots of people think. I feel sorry for those people.

My advice: avoid all web proxies. The only proxies worth considering at all are onion network proxies, which are open source. These are the real gems. The Internet is full of spurious anonymization services.