Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.113.197
foDkc4UySz

Please sir, can we have some more 10gBit?

The topic is as the title suggests,

What's the current status on 10gBit introduction/migration? Ofcourse, progress can only be made within the countries/markets that are currently offering this level of capacity.

Credit where credit is due, thanks for retiring the last of the 100mBit/s servers in Hong Kong and Latvia(?), and ofcourse for dipping toes into the 10gBit/s water with servers in Sweden and Switzerland.

But it's 2022, and many other countries are offering 10gBit: Netherlands, USA, UK, I'm certain of.

Household connections are now in the gBit/s, a global server hosting market ensures memory, compute and bandwidth is cheap, and protocols are ever leaner. What factors are prohibiting the pool migration?

Thanks!

19 hours ago, foDkc4UySz said:

What factors are prohibiting the pool migration?

Exorbitant cost.

19 hours ago, foDkc4UySz said:

Credit where credit is due, thanks for retiring the last of the 100mBit/s servers in Hong Kong and Latvia(?), and ofcourse for dipping toes into the 10gBit/s water with servers in Sweden and Switzerland.

Ask around what people think of these 10 GBit/s servers. You'd be surprised about the mixed reception. For some they have a tendency to be slower than the GBit servers.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.