Not connected, Your IP: 3.134.81.206
astralmind

Invalid certificate (Issued to myrouter.io) when disconnected from AirVPN

With AirVPN connected, everything is great but sometimes game services like steam or Xbox (notoriously Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 which heavily relies on data streaming) will heavily throttle the speeds when connected through it. For those specific instances I want to turn Eddie off and use my connection without the VPN. When doing so I'll get random "Your connection is not private" error msgs like NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID. Even on a clean boot without having connected Eddie first I'll still get those, on different websites and intermittently. When I reconnect Eddie, all is well.  When validating the certificate it says its been issued to myrouter.io which redirects me to my ISP's gateway login page which is useless as I've using my own router. On top of breaking browsing, it'll randomly disconnect me while playing MSFS 2020 (I'm assuming it's SSL related or DNS).

DNS is set to acquire automatically under all adapters and I'm using google's DNS in my router config (Asus ax86).

Any thoughts ? 

Oh, c'mon, don't use Google Public DNS… https://quad9.com/

As for your problem, without further looking at your local config, this awfully looks like your ISP intercepts DNS queries and poisons them, though I'm unsure what reasons your ISP might have for redirecting you to some gateway of theirs. Do you have the same problem when you enable DNS over HTTPS in your browser for example? If no, the ISP is definitely doing something with your unencrypted DNS queries.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.