Not connected, Your IP: 54.226.210.133
madrat

ANSWERED Ipleak "Torrent Address detection" not working

I've tried 3 days in a row, but it does not seem to be working. It worked fine in the past. I click on add this magnetic link and it shows up in Transmission but I get no results. Transmission gets stuck at "Magnetized transfer - torrent metadata needed. It adds and d/l other torrent files just fine. On Mac Mojave, Eddie 2.21.7. Any ideas? By the way, all the other tests on the site work just fine.

Sure your port is truly open? You can download things just fine if the port is closed, you can even upload to some degree.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

5 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Sure your port is truly open? You can download things just fine if the port is closed, you can even upload to some degree.

Just checked Transmission settings. Sure enough "Port check site is down". Tried a few times and it is open now. Will retest on Ipleak.

2 minutes ago, madrat said:

Just checked Transmission settings. Sure enough "Port check site is down". Tried a few times and it is open now. Will retest on Ipleak.

Unfortunately, same result, even with port open.
image.png.b474cee0d32470a7fb7699207d5098e3.png

17 hours ago, madrat said:

Unfortunately, same result, even with port open.
image.png.b474cee0d32470a7fb7699207d5098e3.png

I don't get it. Where does it try and connect to to get the port? Never had this problem in the past???
image.png.963985dd214ab93dd83d96db78ca67b4.png

7 minutes ago, madrat said:

I don't get it. Where does it try and connect to to get the port? Never had this problem in the past???
image.png.963985dd214ab93dd83d96db78ca67b4.png

Now Transmission says the port is open again, but Ipleak is still not testing the torrent. I give up!

I don't think the torrent address checker requires any port be open for incoming connections.  It's just letting you know what IP address and port the torrent client is advertising to the world to make sure it's correct.

I just tested it and the torrent address checker worked for me.

1 hour ago, go558a83nk said:

I don't think the torrent address checker requires any port be open for incoming connections.  It's just letting you know what IP address and port the torrent client is advertising to the world to make sure it's correct.

I just tested it and the torrent address checker worked for me.

As it used to do for me as well. That's why I can't figure out why it's not working for me. Are you on Windows or Mac? If Mac, do use Transmission?

2 hours ago, madrat said:

As it used to do for me as well. That's why I can't figure out why it's not working for me. Are you on Windows or Mac? If Mac, do use Transmission?

Problem solved. Must be a Transmission 3.00 problem. I reverted back to v 2.94, and the test worked fine.