Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.185.207
SteelKuki

How safe is torrenting in Germany with this VPN?

Hello! I moved to Germany a couple of months ago and ran into a problem.  For downloading from a torrent, they send a fine in the amount of 1 thousand euros. I am looking for a suitable vpn in order to avoid a fine.  Can you please tell me if AirVpn encrypts the IP address well? I would not want to download from the torrent in time, my ip was leaked somewhere.  Does this vpn guarantee me security in this case? I've heard a lot about such benefits as P2P, Internet Kill Switch, IPleak and DNSleaktest, and I don't know if they are in this vpn.  If I don’t understand anything about VPN, and I will be grateful if you explain everything in detail, since I really don’t want a fine. Thanks in advance for your reply and help!

It's German, but I highly recommend reading a bit through this. Try to get help from a fellow German with translation or use a translator. Your situation is frequently encountered here and you may have a few aces up your sleeve to counter this.
https://www.abmahnwahn-dreipage.de/abmahnung-was-nun-was-tun/

I understand your uncertainty right now, but let's try using precise words to describe exactly what the VPN gets you.

8 minutes ago, SteelKuki said:

Can you please tell me if AirVpn encrypts the IP address well?

No, the encryption is for your traffic. The VPN server pseudonymizes your IP address: If your address is 1.2.3.4 and that of the VPN server is 5.6.7.8, any IP you connect to will see that the connection comes from 5.6.7.8.

13 minutes ago, SteelKuki said:

Does this vpn guarantee me security in this case?

No VPN guarantees your safety. But it helps, especially with the correct configuration.

14 minutes ago, SteelKuki said:

I've heard a lot about such benefits as P2P, Internet Kill Switch, IPleak and DNSleaktest, and I don't know if they are in this vpn.

They are.
  • All servers can be used for P2P.
  • The "kill switch" is called Network Lock here and is not a kill switch in the classical sense. It's a set of firewall rules that only allow connections to the VPN servers. This is more robust because the kill switch is a reactive technique (reacts to a failed ping or a change of IP address, etc.) while the firewall is proactive (rules are rules and are application-independent).
  • IPLeak is AirVPN's own IP API. But people use others as well.
19 minutes ago, SteelKuki said:

If I don’t understand anything about VPN, and I will be grateful if you explain everything in detail, since I really don’t want a fine.

Start your journey with Mr. LZ1's New User Guide. There's good detail for people not familiar with VPNs.

Welcome to AirVPN! Happy to have you here, enjoy your stay :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.