Not connected, Your IP: 54.224.70.148
Sign in to follow this  
Philiberti

ANSWERED Eddie Installation Problem

Hi,
     Just tried to install 2.21.6 on an Acer Aspire laptop running windows 11 and got the error message below. Can anyone help?

Regards

1834016540_ElevatedPrivileges.png.231482413d99710f7af86ace665c5ff0.png

Posted ... (edited)

Seems to me that the Eddie Elevation Service is not running or the Eddie Client could not connect to the service.
Check if "EddieElevationService" is running under the services app of Windows 11.

If the Service is running Eddie should connect to the service and you can go Settings -> General and tick "Don't ask elevation every run".
That should supress the Windows UAC popup for running the service with admin privileges. Normally Eddie asks to start with admin privileges at startup.

Edited ... by Seebarschtian

10 hours ago, Seebarschtian said:

Seems to me that the Eddie Elevation Service is not running or the Eddie Client could not connect to the service.
Check if "EddieElevationService" is running under the services app of Windows 11.

If the Service is running Eddie should connect to the service and you can go Settings -> General and tick "Don't ask elevation every run".
That should supress the Windows UAC popup for running the service with admin privileges. Normally Eddie asks to start with admin privileges at startup.

Hi,
     Thanks for your input - I'm not sure where or how to look for EddieElevationService to see if it's running under the services app of Windows 11. Please could you give me more details on this.
I will look into the settings and see if the 'Don't ask elevation every run' is ticked.

Regards

Hi,
    I did as you suggested and the Elevation Service was not running. However when I tried to start it there was an error message. I decided to uninstall Eddie and do a clean install of 2.21.6 but it would not install with various error messages. I then did a windows System Restore to a date before these problems started - I started the last version of Eddie sucessfully so I just re-downloaded 2.21.6 and the istallation went perfectly.
Thanks for your input and help - the problem was solved although I'm not completely sure of what caused it or how I rectified it !

Regards