Not connected, Your IP: 54.196.114.118
ProphetPX

India tells VPN / Cloud / Crypto companies to collect user data for 5 years or face IMPRISONMENT

I am just wondering how affected are users of AirVPN who might live in India, because of this news development?
i myself do not live in India but might similar countries adopt measures or laws like this one?

India tells VPN / Cloud / Crypto companies to collect user data for 5 years or face IMPRISONMENT
https://www.techspot.com/news/94441-india-tells-vpn-cloud-crypto-companies-collect-user.html

i am asking because i want to know what a user of ANY VPN service would do if this kind of TYRANNY ever came to their country -- could they be detected as a "VPN user"?   how dangerous is this law?
I know that companies like Mullvad are now LOG-LESS AND DISKLESS -- meaning that their VPN service software CANNOT even collect any logs.   How does AirVPN compare to Mullvad when it comes to being LOG-LESS?  I know AirVPN is LOGLESS but are their servers also DISKLESS ???

Thanks in advance.

14 hours ago, ProphetPX said:

I am just wondering how affected are users of AirVPN who might live in India, because of this news development?

As this news development outlines the VPN providers must face jail time, not at all.
AirVPN doesn't even have servers in India, so that's a double not at all.

i myself do not live in India but might similar countries adopt measures or laws like this one?

Any country can adopt it. It's not like there is an international agreement not to do so. It's more difficult in some countries and easier in others.

i am asking because i want to know what a user of ANY VPN service would do if this kind of TYRANNY ever came to their country -- could they be detected as a "VPN user"? how dangerous is this law?

The news article doesn't talk about users. Please clarify who or what you mean. Dangerous for whom or what?

I know that companies like Mullvad are now LOG-LESS AND DISKLESS -- meaning that their VPN service software CANNOT even collect any logs.   How does AirVPN compare to Mullvad when it comes to being LOG-LESS?  I know AirVPN is LOGLESS but are their servers also DISKLESS ???

No, Mullvad is not diskless. The service only just started deploying diskless servers. Early Beta started in January according to the blog.
Also, it is not specified what diskless means: No *disk* at all, or are ramdisks exempt from it as they are kept in RAM, even if it's actual, usable storage? Does this also mean there are no connections to networked storage, too? It'd make the server diskless still but there is the possibility to nick some data when no one is looking.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.