Not connected, Your IP: 34.238.138.162
Staff

Eddie Desktop Edition 2.21.6 released

Hello, Sadly no wintun support on W7,  every else running great, guess if I want faster speeds I'll stick with 2.21.0beta.

9 hours ago, Clodo said:
Just tested a Monterey (arch: M1/arm) and i can't reproduce this issue, anyone else have this issue?
Please open a ticket, report your OS and CPU arch and a Logs>Lifebelt report (to allow us to understand what options cause this behiavour). Thx.

No problems, I just opened a ticket up, Its a MacBook Pro M1 too.  

Posted ... (edited)

Noob here 😛

If I want to try wireguard, I unselect on automatic on "Protocols" and just click on Wireguard (and saved it) - is that it? How to check it how did I connected with it?

Thanks 🙂

Wireguard.jpg

Edited ... by Daniel Goran

On 5/2/2022 at 4:02 PM, pwolverine said:

Anyone having the problem on MacOS, it doesn't seem to save the settings under PROTOCOLS?  
It is always on "Automatic", you turn it off by selecting a different protocol, click save, then if you go back in its back to "Automatic"?
So impossible at the moment to connect if you have to use anything other then "automatic"?
Reverrting back to 2.20.? version doesn't have this problem and you can connect without issues / save your custom protocol.

I'm on MacOS Mojave and don't seem to have that problem. I unselected automatic, checked a different protocol, saved and it did not return to automatic. Possible the version on Mac you are using??

3 hours ago, Daniel Goran said:

If I want to try wireguard, I unselect on automatic on "Protocols" and just click on Wireguard (and saved it) - is that it? How to check it how did I connected with it?

That's it pretty much. You can look in the Stats-Tab for the "VPN Type" which should state "Wireguard".
You also can confirm by activating the "Expert Mode" in Settings -> Advanced -> Expert Mode. Next you can connect to a server and you should see the extended verbose connection information. Those information should also be listed in the Eddie Logs.

9 hours ago, madrat said:

'm on MacOS Mojave and don't seem to have that problem. I unselected automatic, checked a different protocol, saved and it did not return to automatic. Possible the version on Mac you are using??

Latest MacOs on a M1 Mac.  It seems to have solved itself once I could connect automatically.  The workplace I was at doesn't connect unless its UDP, so Automatic doesn't connect, and then wouldn't save the settings.  Went home, connected normally, and now all of a sudden settings are being saved again.  Strange thing was at the workplace I reverted abck to an older release and it saved and worked fine.  Who knows.. just some idiosyncratic thing maybe? :)

19 minutes ago, calcu007 said:

How I use Wireguard with Eddie? Where is the option?

Preferences/Protocols, I believe.

@ Staff members

Hello,
nice to see a new version of Eddie !

Question about the use of WireGuard:
In this thread here:
"WireGuard beta testing available" from  28.10.2021
you have mentioned the    privacy concerns    about the use of WirdeGuard.
Another word about the privacy issue can be found here:
"WireGurad custom / incompatibble implementation" from 28.01.2022

Does these issues still exist?

If so, I would like to make a suggestion for the last notice of the new Eddie version.
Can you please place a link that points to the privacy concerns info or even better directly to the text
"Does WireGuard pose a privacy issues?" from 25.10.2021
underneath the line
"WireGurad support including thorough and swift integration with AirVPN"

Maybe people like to use WireGuard and are not aware of these issues, unless the privacy issues are obsolet......

5 hours ago, calcu007 said:

Is Wireguard secure enough to use in P2P or OpenVPN is better option?

The choice doesn't matter, both work.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

If I enable Hummingbird in advanced preferences of Eddie 2.21.6, my log shows

. 2022.05.07 11:10:08 - OpenVPN - Version: 3.3.2 - Hummingbird - AirVPN OpenVPN 3 Client 1.1.2 - 4 June 2021

I thought Hummingbird was at version 1.2.

4 hours ago, jazzeyman said:

. 2022.05.07 11:10:08 - OpenVPN - Version: 3.3.2 - Hummingbird - AirVPN OpenVPN 3 Client 1.1.2 - 4 June 2021

I thought Hummingbird was at version 1.2.

Eddie does not ship Hummingbird, it's a separate (optional) package.

1 hour ago, OpenSourcerer said:

How does AirVPN suppose users figure that Hummingbird thing out?

Going to Download -> Linux only lists two OpenVPN choices and there's not even a mention of "Hummingbird".

On 5/2/2022 at 7:20 PM, IG-11 said:

Anyone else has huge latency results in new Eddie?
I mean for almost all servers in my case latency is about 80 - 220ms, while Eddie 2.20.0 was showing around 30-40ms for same machines..
Connecting to an actual server and checking speed results shows ping as it should be: 27-40. Weird 🙄

experiencing the same thing. however the ping seems to stay that high when connected.
former eddie: 2.20 to now: 2.21.6

don't understand where that latency raise comes from... any ideas around?

1 hour ago, encrypted said:

Going to Download -> Linux only lists two OpenVPN choices and there's not even a mention of "Hummingbird".

But there's the mention of AirVPN-Suite which contains Hummingbird.

Eddie Desktop Edition 2.21.6 does not allow me to connect to any server. It always gets stuck at "Checking route IPV4..."
The only workaround is to select Layer IPv4 to Outside tunnel, then it connects. Any other setting fails.
My Networking settings: (works in 2.20.0 and 2.19.7)

Selection_612.thumb.png.acb9cbb084abf971d8a8409d343c2e2f.png

4 minutes ago, ***** said:

The only workaround is to select Layer IPv4 to Outside tunnel, then it connects. Any other setting fails.

That's not a workaround. This settings causes OpenVPN to not route anything through the tunnel.

5 minutes ago, ***** said:

Try a connection, then in Logs tab click the lifebelt icon and paste/upload the output here.

12 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Hello!

Yes, Eddie for macOS and Linux is packaged with Hummingbird. In macOS, Eddie runs Hummingbird by default, and not OpenVPN.

@jazzeyman

Yes, Hummingbird latest version is 1.2, if some Eddie packages include an obsolete version the problem will be fixed soon, but in the meantime you can manually download latest Hummingbird version and have it run by Eddie.

Kind regards

4 hours ago, Staff said:

Yes, Eddie for macOS and Linux is packaged with Hummingbird. In macOS, Eddie runs Hummingbird by default, and not OpenVPN.

Ah okay, I see. Then I propose, as I already tried to propose in the AUR comments, to include hummingbird in optdepends, since on Arch Hummingbird is not shipped.

20 hours ago, ***** said:

Eddie Desktop Edition 2.21.6 does not allow me to connect to any server. It always gets stuck at "Checking route IPV4..."

Try these settings and see if it works:

Normally these settings work for me on every updated Eddie. And should also be secure.
Otherwise post back log as per
OpenSourcerer's advice.
Good-luck!

Air.png

14 hours ago, Staff said:

Hello!

@jazzeyman

Yes, Hummingbird latest version is 1.2, if some Eddie packages include an obsolete version the problem will be fixed soon, but in the meantime you can manually download latest Hummingbird version and have it run by Eddie.

Kind regards

Fascinating.

I've got an aging Linux system with no AES acceleration generally running the latest Eddie and when the option "Use Hummingbird if available" first showed up I obviously ticked the box and then... nothing.

I obviously must've missed some additional sorcery required to make use of that Hummingbird package included in Eddie.

9 hours ago, encrypted said:
I've got an aging Linux system with no AES acceleration generally running the latest Eddie and when the option "Use Hummingbird if available" first showed up I obviously ticked the box and then... nothing.

Hello!

Which system exactly? Hummingbird requires not so new systems (Debian 9 and higher versions for example), but it may not run in very old systems Make sure to include a system report as Eddie writes HB log too, and test Hummingbird on its own.

Kind regards

3 hours ago, Staff said:

Hello!

Which system exactly? Hummingbird requires not so new systems (Debian 9 and higher versions for example), but it may not run in very old systems Make sure to include a system report as Eddie writes HB log too, and test Hummingbird on its own.

Kind regards

"Hummingbird requires not so new systems (Debian 9 and higher versions for example), but it may not run in very old systems"

I'm not sure I understand what this is trying to say.

How about just providing whatever hardware or OS/software limitations "Hummingbird" imposes, since such limitations apparently exist?

AirVPN's own project page only states:  "providing great performance boost on ARM, Raspberry PI and any Linux-based platform not supporting AES-NI".

The system in question is Intel Sandy Bridge running Linux Mint 19.3, for what it's worth.