Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.210.224
chimney sweep

Eddie 2.20.0 has problems starting and connecting

I am running Eddie 2.20.0 on Mac OS 10.14.6

Very often, when starting Eddie, it seems stuck in connecting to a server (it is set to auto connect when started).
While Eddie shows that it is connecting, I can already use the web browser. IP check shows that Eddie is already connected to an AirVPN server. 
Problem: Eddie then at some point disconnects from the server then re-connects. The re-connection then typically works immediately. 
It's annoying. 

What happens occasionally, less often, is that Eddie seems to be stuck in flashing DNS data. This takes several minutes or is permanent until reboot of the Mac. No connection.

Also annoying: When I click 'cancel' this is ignored. Eddie keeps being stuck in whatever it is doing or not doing. Only a few minutes later, when it has finished, it takes my cancel command. That is not very helpful. 
When I click 'cancel', I would expect that the software stops everything immediately, not 5 minutes later.

I hope that this will be addressed in the next version. I am otherwise happy with AirVPN but this recent version of Eddie is regularly annoying.

6 hours ago, chimney sweep said:

What happens occasionally, less often, is that Eddie seems to be stuck in flashing DNS data. This takes several minutes or is permanent until reboot of the Mac. No connection.

I've heard of this one. I also heard DNS handling has been improved during the current Beta, you could try that version.For all else, a support file could help with troubleshooting. When this behavior showed, in Logs tab click the lifebelt icon on the right and paste/upload the output here. It will contain the logs as well.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.