Not connected, Your IP: 3.80.131.164
misam

RT blocked from some EU servers

RT.com is not reachable from some EU servers as of today, returning a 403 error.
German servers seem affected, Netherlands ones are ok.
Connection from overseas servers works without issue, too.

I understand this is likely related to the EU ban on Russian media, but it's still not clear to me how this ban can be enforced on anti-censorship servers like Air's ones.
Thanks.

EDIT: German servers working now, please disregard this post. May have been a glitch on RT side.

1 hour ago, misam said:

but it's still not clear to me how this ban can be enforced on anti-censorship servers like Air's ones.

AirVPN servers are just like any other servers, nothing special about them. They are subject to blocks just like any other device.

Kind of a good thing, though. RT is a bit of a problematic entity, if I do say so myself as a Russian. Maybe it's time to switch your news source? ;)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

20 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:
Kind of a good thing, though.
Hello.
Absolutely not. Censorship of any legal free speech is totally unacceptable and must be completely rejected in all cases.
If you prevent other people from speaking, you are no better than the ones you claim to be protecting other people from.

On 3/2/2022 at 5:59 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

AirVPN servers are just like any other servers, nothing special about them. They are subject to blocks just like any other device.

Kind of a good thing, though. RT is a bit of a problematic entity, if I do say so myself as a Russian. Maybe it's time to switch your news source? ;)

If you say so, you're not a Russian. So don't worry much,  keep watching BBC

On 3/2/2022 at 6:59 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

I think you should not question my sources either you agree or not, this is not the place for such debates (moreover I do not want to start a discussion about this at all). Thank you.

5 hours ago, msftget said:

If you say so, you're not a Russian. So don't worry much,  keep watching BBC

Please do not mix up politics with its people. We're not your enemy.

3 hours ago, misam said:

I think you should not question my sources either you agree or not, this is not the place for such debates (moreover I do not want to start a discussion about this at all). Thank you.

How come you try to silence my open disagreement with your media consumption habits? Freedom of speech yes, but not to those you don't agree with, is that what this is?
I questioned it because I question the outlet's intentions, and it is my conviction that such outlets harm the freedom of everyone in the long run, ironically by utilizing freedom's own strength. I did not threaten you personally in any way. There is no need to blow a little statement out of proportion.

Besides, it was intended to get a little discussion going, and Mr. wunderbar contributed a good, non-personal argument to it, encouraging further discussion. Be like Mr. wunderbar.

22 hours ago, wunderbar said:

Absolutely not. Censorship of any legal free speech is totally unacceptable and must be completely rejected in all cases.

I do agree with you, and what RT publishes is de-facto legal material. But shouldn't we ask ourselves how far we allow others to stretch the truth? If we can empirically prove that these materials sow discord in functioning legal systems based on individual freedom, to the point where people stop believing in such a system and start supporting systems with much more authoritarian properties, shouldn't we deem such efforts as illegal? We live under constitutions with enshrined human rights, but what if their value is gradually eroded by such efforts?

If you put a hand into boiling water, you will scream in pain. But if you put it in warm water and gradually increase the temperature, you will stay there for a long time. When you notice it's too hot, your skin may already be burned.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

As someone who has worked internationally, I get my news from multiple sources:  DW(Germany), The National(UAE),  Global Times (China), Citizens Free Press (US), along with several others.  THEY ALL HAVE PROPAGANDA.  So what's important to me is to "triangulate" on the truth as much as possible.  It's pretty easy to detect most of the bulls$^&t, but there is some sneaky stuff out there that no one will know unless you're on the inside.

Anyway, the point is that there's no single source of "truth".  It's best to gather as many of what appears to be the facts, and make your own mind up.

All of that said, I had rt.com as one of my news sources too, so I'm bummed I can't see it now.