Not connected, Your IP: 35.173.233.176

Air VPN web site states that it uses Encryption, yet there is nothing on either the Air VPN website or
the ipleak test to indicate that the Encryption is in fact working, or what Encryption method is being used.
How do I, as a user know that packets sent are in fact encrypted ?
I suggest there needs to be an information or test page that proves the Encryption is working.

45 minutes ago, gh4green said:

Air VPN web site states that it uses Encryption, yet there is nothing on either the Air VPN website or
the ipleak test to indicate that the Encryption is in fact working, or what Encryption method is being used.
How do I, as a user know that packets sent are in fact encrypted ?
I suggest there needs to be an information or test page that proves the Encryption is working.

Hello!

You must never rely on information provided by the web site owners themselves, because anything can be written. Anyway information is indeed provided on our web site pages, you must have missed it.

Verify directly from your browser by clicking the padlock or analogous icon to show certificate and cipher information. Also check with specialized services, for example:
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=airvpn.org&s=5.135.136.95&latest

ipleak.net has a completely different purpose, it shows you all the information that a web site can potentially get from your browser, all the DNS servers your system queries and optionally the IP address advertised by your torrent software.

Moving this thread to "Suggestions" forum as it is off-topic in Eddie forum.

Kind regards

1 hour ago, Staff said:

Moving this thread to "Suggestions" forum as it is off-topic in Eddie forum.

… I think the user actually means Eddie. Whether encryption in Eddie works (AES/ChaCha20). @gh4green, would you kindly clarify?

2 hours ago, gh4green said:

I've never seen any service offering such an automated test, because automated is what you request, I believe. The manual way would be to intercept the traffic locally or somewhere in the middle and see if it's readable or not (which requires knowledge of protocols and certain softwares; a basic understanding of the networking stack in general).

I'd like to understand the motivation behind your question.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

@OpenSourcerer

Hello!

Of course, if @gh4green means VPN tunnel encryption, on top of OpenVPN or WireGuard log check as well as routing table verification, one would get a safe proof. by analyzing the traffic on the physical network interface with tools like tcpdump or Wireshark and verifying that the payload is encrypted, even when end-to-end encryption is not enforced,

Kind regards