Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.147.87
Wilso

ANSWERED Eddie slow to connect: how to "quick connect"?

I have been using AirVPN for about 5 years. It's great but I have question that I can't answer for myself (below in bold). Why does the Android AirVPN client connect instantly but the Eddie/AirVPN windows client take about 30 seconds to connect? It does a whole lot of tests to find the optimal server and then seems to struggle with making and triple-checking IP4 and IP6 connections.

I have played with the settings in Eddie (Windows) but I can't find a way to make it "quick connect". 
How do I do this?

I'm happy to give up all the optimisations in exchange for connecting quickly to a server.

4 hours ago, Wilso said:

I'm happy to give up all the optimisations in exchange for connecting quickly to a server.

Describe these optimizations. No, not your own words, by means of a support file. Connect (wait for it, too), then in Logs tab click the lifebelt icon on the right and paste/upload the output here.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks for your help.  Is there no way to simply "quick connect" in Windows just as one does instantly in Android?  I can upload the output from a support file but the issue isn't one of not being able to connect.  It's an issue of taking significantly longer to connect because Eddie on Windows checks latency, ping times etc.  Where is the quick connect "button"/function?

Again, many thanks!

Wilso

1 hour ago, Wilso said:

Is there no way to simply "quick connect" in Windows just as one does instantly in Android?

"Quick connect" is the normal behavior. :D

1 hour ago, Wilso said:

I can upload the output from a support file but the issue isn't one of not being able to connect.  It's an issue of taking significantly longer to connect because Eddie on Windows checks latency, ping times etc.

Windows may be checking latency, ping times, etc., but we lack knowledge of your system and its config (and Eddie's config, since you wrote something about optimizations), so please acquiesce the request. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 2/10/2022 at 3:16 PM, Wilso said:

Thanks for your help.  Is there no way to simply "quick connect" in Windows just as one does instantly in Android?  I can upload the output from a support file but the issue isn't one of not being able to connect.  It's an issue of taking significantly longer to connect because Eddie on Windows checks latency, ping times etc.  Where is the quick connect "button"/function?

Again, many thanks!

Wilso

Hello!

Two tips to make the "quick" connection quicker in Eddie. Maybe you can't have the same lightning speed you have in Android and in general on Linux based systems, but you can improve remarkably the current situation.
  1. Disable route check and DNS check, provided that you keep Network Lock enabled. You can disable route check by unchecking "Check if the VPN tunnel works" in "Preferences" > "Advanced" window, while you can disable DNS check by unchecking "Check Air VPN DNS" in "Preferences" > "DNS" window. By doing so you disable security checks, thus Network Lock becomes important and probably you want to keep it always enabled.
  2. Define a white list of servers or countries, respectively in "Preferences" > "Servers" and "Countries" window which suit your needs, when you are confident to do so. Eddie will compute round trip times only of servers included in the white list, so the tests will be very few and you will save plenty of time. If you are confident to connect always to the same pool of servers, you might even completely disable any test, and save even more time. You can do so in "Preferences" > "Advanced" window by unchecking "Enable latency tests"

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)
On 2/10/2022 at 4:18 PM, Staff said:
... you can improve remarkably the current situation.
  1. Disable route check and DNS check, provided that you keep Network Lock enabled. You can disable route check by unchecking "Check if the VPN tunnel works" in "Preferences" > "Advanced" window, while you can disable DNS check by unchecking "Check Air VPN DNS" in "Preferences" > "DNS" window. By doing so you disable security checks, thus Network Lock becomes important and probably you want to keep it always enabled.
  2. Define a white list of servers or countries, respectively in "Servers" > "Countries" which suit your needs, when you are confident to do so. Eddie will compute round trip times only of servers included in the whiter list, so the tests will be very few and you will save plenty of time. If you are confident to connect always to the same pool of servers, you might even completely disable any test, and save even more time. You can do so in "Preferences" > "Advanced" window bu unchecking "Enable latency tests" .
I just wanted to say that this is a PERFECT response. It's exactly what I was looking for and is wonderful! The time saving is super and the tip to have the network lock always enabled is very much appreciated. Edited ... by Wilso