Not connected, Your IP: 3.234.177.119
vmrhdhvbgu

Deeper Connect Pico : Lifetime decentralized VPN

Familiar manufacturer. It was an adventure into the Firefox and AirVPN histories but I managed to find it:I gave my thoughts on it, too. Unsure if anything changed, but doesn't look like it. Still AtomOS, still "7-layer firewall" (after selling the product for more than a year, they didn't change this, so it's not a spelling error, it's definitely marketing fluff) and, wow, would you look at that, still no info on the hardware besides a "4-core CPU" with "2GB RAM". What's the exact SoC? And 50000 nodes for connection, with a one-time lifetime price? I'm inclined to think that number is also part of marketing.

Is it any good? Well, I invite anyone to download some CP and see for yourself. If you still live in freedom two years later, they're solid. :D

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I like your analysis. It seems indeed there is a lot of unknown informations for now.

I would like to know what the AirVPN staff thinks about it.

30 minutes ago, vmrhdhvbgu said:

I would like to know what the AirVPN staff thinks about it.

Staff will probably not comment on it. The product has absolutely no ties to AirVPN or anything created, maintained or supported by them. :)

22 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Staff will probably not comment on it. The product has absolutely no ties to AirVPN or anything created, maintained or supported by them. :)

What I would like them to comment is the supposed security of "decentralized VPN", for example. 

Okay, but why Staff? Ask Reddit if you must. :)

Little fun fact: I searched for security, found this thread and went through the comments of the video. Just… look at this!

Q: So this is the most worthless VPN ever? It logs your IP and saves it for the police, it knows that you switch to a real VPN it will expose that new IP address and will keep that data to later be used against you?
A: The log is for you, you don't have to share it. And if you aren't doing illegal things, what are you worried about? You also mine dpr with it, I've personally made a very nice sum mining with mine. The logs are very basic and don't show full IP,  just enough to prove other users activity wasn't from you. As for your own activity that's a seperate log file and it doesn't save you downloading things, etc, just shows domain names. Hopefully that helps explain it a bit differently

So, a user confirmes this thing logs:
  • Your DNS queries
  • Metadata from others
In essence, this means:
  • Others know what you did when in doubt and are potential rats.
  • Their own users hold a carrot stick in front of you, the one with valid concerns. "Hey, yes, security is there, blahblah, justlookatthevideo, but HEY, look at all that cheddar I made from mining! If you've got nothing to hide, you too can have cake!!1!1"
Some people say they don't trust VPN providers because they're so centralized. How can they trust Randy Random they don't know any details of more? It's paradoxical.

OP, I suggest you do some research on Deeper Network and Deeper Connect Mini.  (There are threads on sites, Linus Tech Tips, arstechnica, askwoody, etc.)  You won't find anything reassuring and plenty of red flags.  I can't attest to it being a scam, because I haven't tried or used it.  However, I would stay away based on the simple fact that you can be held legally responsible for the activities of anyone sharing your IP address.  Claiming logs will save you from the authorities' targeting you for someone else's behavior is not a situation I'd like to find myself in.

Everyone's got his/her own tongue. Just because I'm not convinced of them doesn't mean they're actually crap, you know? Could be things I overlooked. Even though based on some form of research, my opinion is tendentially one-sided, is all I'm saying. I'd still invite you to ask in the subreddit – you know, for the other side of the medal. Then make your own conclusions about them.