Not connected, Your IP: 44.220.59.236
Xuebit

Issue with cryptojacking blocklist

Hi There,

There is an issue with the AirVPN curated cryptojacking blocklist [https://airvpn.org/api/dns_lists/?code=air_cryptojacking&block=0.0.0.0&style=domains].
I am not sure if it is intentional or not, but getmonero.org is in that list, however it is not a cryptojacking site, it is a legitimate cryptocurrency site.

I tried to create an exception down the bottom of the DNS page, however it seems it did not take it. Is this expected behaviour?

@Xuebit

Hello!

Thank you very much for the head up. The fact that the exception you entered doesn't work is unexpected, we will start an investigation because it might be a bug. The potential error about getmonero.org will be investigated as well.

Kind regards

@Xuebit

Hello!

We tried to reproduce the problem you reported but we failed. After we activated "cryptojacking" block list and entered getmonero.org among the allowed exceptions, we could determine that it was resolved correctly. Please try again, maybe your system and/or system browser cached DNS. You can debug with
dig getmonero.org 

We rarely edit a list; "curated by us" doesn't necessarily imply that we edit a list, but that we select and propose it or a merge of different lists, aiming at covering all the most requested categories. Therefore you might like to ask the original compiler the reason why getmonero.org was included. We see that also bitcoin.com is included in the same block list. That said, we can of course edit those "curated by us" lists: while a regular review of each list by us is not realistic at all, we keep this option open for your and other users observations.

Kind regards

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, I did some troubleshooting and I am still not able to get the exception to work correctly, I am unsure exactly the source, most of the time it does not work. I think it is related to my network, at first I thought it was specific countries blocking this site, but that does not seem to be the case.

We can mark this as 'resolved', I will do some troubleshooting in my own time.

As for editing the lists, is there a place I submit to vote to change the list? Or can we do it in this thread?

5 hours ago, Xuebit said:

Thanks for the reply, I did some troubleshooting and I am still not able to get the exception to work correctly, I am unsure exactly the source, most of the time it does not work. I think it is related to my network, at first I thought it was specific countries blocking this site, but that does not seem to be the case.

Post exactly what you added as exception: match, mode, action. Maybe the problem is there.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hey,

Sorry, it has been a bit.

In the exceptions list I added:

getmonero.org

I tried exact, domain and contains matches, with both allow deny (with the appropriate opposite filter list enabled/disabled).