Not connected, Your IP: 3.239.57.87

I am on Win 10 using the Brave browser and connecting using the Eddie client.  I usually connect to a NYC server since that is closest to me. For my router I have an netgate SG-1100 using PfSense and PFGuard.  I'm thinking the SG-1100 is not the issue mentioned below because I'm directly connecting to the VPN from my PC to the AirVPN servers using Eddie.

My issue is that periodically when going to a website I receive a message "DNS Probe Possible" and the page does not load. Otherwise, no problems with the connection or other internet / network services, e.g. checking email, SSH connections, lan connections, etc.

Any ideas of the problem and recommended solution?

Since there are no responses and 30+ views, I'm thinking this is either this is a common topic and I am missing the answer somewhere, or it's an unusual one?  Which one is it?

Personally, I've never heard of a "DNS probe possible" error message. The closest I know is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED from Chromium. Brave is Chromium, but I wasn't sure your error similar or even the same to the one I know, so I didn't reply.
Is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED the error you get? If not, can you maybe post a screenshot of the error?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

It is definitely not DNS Probe Finished.  I will get a screenshot and post the next time I receive it.

I see. Issue seems to be Brave-specific and points to the issue of the configured Secure DNS provider not being reachable. Disable it, it makes little sense in the VPN network.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Yeah, good idea and I don't know why I didn't think of that.  I did have the secure DNS setting on and have now turned it off.  I'll try if for a few days and come back if it fixed the problem.

Follow-up - a couple of days after turning off the secure DNS option in Brave, and no messages so far.  For what it's worth, I also  have DNSSEC enabled on my pfSense router "DNS Resolver" service, pointing to 1.1.1.1 / 1.1.1.2.  So whether I am on AirVPN or not, I have a secure DNS connection.