Not connected, Your IP: 18.206.13.112
Staff

New 1 Gbit/s server available (IE)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new 1 Gbit/s full duplex server located in Dublin, Ireland, is available: Minchir.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new server; if you use any other OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access it through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The server accepts connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 1194, 2018 UDP and TCP for OpenVPN and ports 1637 UDP for WireGuard.

Minchir supports OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH, TLS 1.3, OpenVPN tls-crypt and WireGuard.

Full IPv6 support is included as well.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

You can check the server status as usual in our real time servers monitor:
https://airvpn.org/servers/minchir

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

@SomewhatSane

Hello and thank you!

Just to balance somehow your point of view: have you have ever seen M247 servers operated by AirVPN withdrawn by us for some controversy related or not related to the behavior of our customers? We answer for you :) : it never happened.

The same can not be said of numerous, other providers with which we have had controversies pertaining to net neutrality, allowed protocols, traffic monitoring and more, controversies which often disclosed contractual breaches by the provider or "strange" interpretations of ToS and/or AUP and/or contract, and consequently forcing AirVPN to drop the server and any commitment.

Kind regards

17 minutes ago, Staff said:
@SomewhatSane

Hello and thank you!

Just to balance somehow your point of view: have you have ever seen M247 servers operated by AirVPN withdrawn by us for some controversy related or not related to the behavior of our customers? We answer for you :) : it never happened.

The same can not be said of numerous, other providers with which we have had controversies pertaining to net neutrality, allowed protocols, traffic monitoring and more, controversies which often disclosed contractual breaches by the provider or "strange" interpretations of ToS and/or AUP and/or contract, and consequently forcing AirVPN to drop the server and any commitment.

Kind regards

That's very true. I don't have any problem with M247 as a company, it's just that it would be nice to support AS diversity to help get around blocks. AS 9009 is commonly blocked due to the abuse that often comes from it.

14 hours ago, Staff said:
@SomewhatSane

Hello and thank you!

Kind regards

I agree with your point but @SomerwhatSane raises a valid concern. I hope AirVPN isn't putting "all their eggs" in one basket, so to speak. I understand there are a few M247 servers and, god forbid anything happens to them, a backup may be needed. Perhaps likely something you have considered anyway and I suspect/hope they are well funded and protected as a few other providers utilize their services as well - they seem quite important for the privacy mission.

Anyway thanks for the new server, it is indeed nice to get one from a reputable supplier and a new country too :).

The one (?) valid problem I've seen with m247 is evidence (in this forum) that some of their servers aren't actually where they say they are. 

It's good news that one more country is available!

However, I'm wondering if the Irish server will fall under the infamous "Communications (Retention of Data) Act in 2011" Irish law, which mandates 2-years metadata to be retained by service providers. A service provider is defined as "publicly available electronic communications service or a public communications network by means of fixed line or mobile telephones or the Internet".

Any insight?

Many thanks!

@barbalu

Hello!

If it's claimed that the law scope includes AirVPN, we can challenge, if necessary, any request. In the meantime the server complies to the usual AirVPN contractual obligations: no client traffic data and/or metadata is either inspected, stored or logged. Here below the three legally binding decisions by the CJEU pertaining to blanket data retention obligations, in 2014, 2016 and 2020.

The Court of Justice declares the Data Retention Directive to be invalid
https://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs/application/pdf/2014-04/cp140054en.pdf

The Members States may not impose a general obligation to retain data on providers of electronic communications services
https://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs/application/pdf/2016-12/cp160145en.pdf

The Court of Justice confirms that EU law precludes national legislation requiring a provider of electronic communications services to carry out the general and indiscriminate transmission or retention of traffic data and location data for the purpose of combating crime in general or of safeguarding national security
https://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs/application/pdf/2020-10/cp200123en.pdf

Kind regards

Thank you. I saw this only now and I am so so so happy to be finally able to re-start using airvpn with my pfsense. 😍😍🤯