Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.253.170
scgt1

Google, Wal-mart, Sams Club, Gamestop, Offer Up are blocking all Dallas servers

Well it appears Google has gone from image verification on searches to just flat out blocking the Dallas servers now.

403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=google from this server. That’s all we know.

This has developed into a more robust issue and is not just a Google problem anymore.

If anyone is being blocked on a different site while connected to any Dallas server feel free to post and I'll update this thread.

1 hour ago, PlasmaJunkie said:

Will this get fixed?

No need to do that kind of pressure here, you're writing with other users in the forums. It's a good question, but not to AirVPN. Google, for all we know, disallows these connections. It's not like the AirVPN server is doing it.

One can of course evaluate whether double-hop can be used, but this initiates a game of cat-and-mouse. Whoever caused Google to disallow connections from all Dallas servers will also cause the rerouting server to be added to their list. You can enjoy 7 days of pain-free Google usage and then we'll find outselves again in this very thread; I can see it coming.
But I'm not AirVPN Staff, so maybe someone will make your wish come true. It's Christmas, after all. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 12/15/2021 at 7:28 AM, scgt1 said:

Well it appears Google has gone from image verification on searches to just flat out blocking the Dallas servers now.

Confirmed, and still being blocked by Google.

Yes, I know I can use StartPage instead (I usually do). But there are times I legitimately do need Google directly.

I seen this kind of error when using proxy too, so I believe those Dallas server IP (or IP range, ASN) got blocked from by Google.
AirVPN basically can do nothing about it other than change IP.

On 12/22/2021 at 4:18 AM, NS0 said:

AirVPN basically can do nothing about it other than change IP.

Agreed. Not to be in any way snarky, but how hard would that be?

2 hours ago, Tommie said:

but how hard would that be?

Could be easy, could be not, the point still stands: You're sharing this IP with 50 others. There are always a few bad apples in the barrel, and they will initiate the cat-and-mouse game, but we can choose not to play it with them. And as we all know:
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact same fcking thing over and over again, expecting sht to change. That. Is. Crazy.

On 2/1/2022 at 12:28 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

Could be easy, could be not

...which isn't an answer. What's the point of having this "Blocked websites warning" category at all if we're just going to be dismissed in this fashion?

5 hours ago, Tommie said:

...which isn't an answer

It is not because likely no one has got a definitive answer for you. It completely depends on how determined the other side is to keep anonymizer addresses out.
  • It's easy if some webmaster personally went and saw this VPN IP with problematic traffic and blocked it. You change the server and you may be able to view it again.
  • It's not easy if it was automatic: An IDS detecting such traffic, a CDN using "AI" to detect this IP sending such traffic to multiple servers, the subsequent usage of IP databases known for attacks, etc.
In the end, it really doesn't matter if a website is rerouted through the rerouting servers: The automatics will flag it, too. The webmaster will notice traffic from there as well. Now the server and the rerouter are blocked, and you grudgingly turn away from a VPN provider because "my favorite website cannot be accessed anymore from any server". A cat-and-mouse game everyone loses: Primarily you, but also the community because no one can reach it now, the provider because others will also say "my favorite website is unreachable with the provider", the webmaster because VPN traffic caused a waste of time, really everyone.

Please also keep in mind that the rerouting feature is primarily there for circumvention of geolocation-based blocks. There are exceptions like Binance because of very popular demand apparently, but it's really there against geoblocking. Use of this feature should be cut down to the minimum because we've got an ace of spades here: Ideally no one knows which exit IP these servers have, lifting georestrictions becomes much easier with such a trump card.

Assuming that with "change IP" the rerouting feature was meant (it's effectively an IP change). If a literal IP change is meant, I can almost surely say it's impossible without downtime, therefore quite difficult.

5 hours ago, Tommie said:

What's the point of having this "Blocked websites warning" category at all if we're just going to be dismissed in this fashion?

You fulfilled the purpose of this forum: You warned of an unreachable website. Others are now aware of it, some will chime in having a similar problem. If anyone finds a workaround, it'll be posted here. It's communication between users, exactly what all forums are for. :)

If you need professional support (and a professional answer to inquiries like literal or effective IP changes), do create tickets! Otherwise you write with other users! Answer quality wildly varies.

It's a lot more than just Dallas servers now.  If Google is blocking, their blacklist is shared with many other sites that will also be blocking. 

The only way to win is to stop patronizing google with your traffic.  If google knows people lower their standards to conform to their utopia, they will continue its barbaric means of identifying 1 user by the IP they use.  This is the least smart and least effective way to do it because IPs change, whether someone is on VPN or not, especially if their DHCP IP lease is only 24 hours.  They do it because it's easy and they get to check off a box on their corporate list of accomplishments and smile happily in the absence of being able to perceive the blight in their wake.  Mission accomplished.

There are better search engines than using the one that takes you to commentary narrative checkers instead of the actual thing you searched for.  I doubt they even give you 1% of the internet.  In fact, just stop using corporate search engines altogether, including, as of last week, duckduckgo.

Google first serves captcha and if that doesn't stop a bot, blocks with a 403. Anyway Google HATES anti-tracking browser extensions, lack of cookies, the list goes on. Although you must really work to trigger a 403 ban. Overall I agree with @OpenSourcerer and @Sanctioner. This situation is by definition something all VPNs are "vulnerable" to.
You might have thought: what about other VPNs?

1. They have a bigger pool of IP addresses that are selected randomly (different infrastructure and/or lack of port-forwarding)
  2. Their VPN servers run on virtual servers on someone's rented hardware. More frequent shutdowns and reconnections, if they load balance by starting new nodes dynamically (read: worse uptime and stability for users). This how all modern clouds operate, the nodes get a different IP each time
  3. They're lucky to not have such users
  4. They actively log/monitor to ban such users
  5. They only use IPv4
You can also choose to use IPv4-only with AirVPN: In config creator select [X] Advanced mode on top-right and IP Layer Exit: IPv4. The ban is likely to only affect the IPv6 address.

PS: I unveiled a little too much knowledge I see so you might come to wrong conclusions. This was not me, I do not use Google and I do not use their search. I simply had a little too many encounters with their video service and all that was before I found AirVPN. Google really hates if you use anything that's not a residential IP address. Hopefully other VPNs' marketing campaigns will change that attitude.

yeah i just found out, thought it was me or maybe because i haven't updated eddie to the latest version.  i was wondering why all the U.S. servers were so empty and if there was a problem, now i know.  also figured i'd leave a comment here so i get notified if there's any updates or good news.

so out of curiosity, do i need to update to the latest eddie to maintain privacy or am i ok on 2.20 for now?   figured i'd give it a minute in case there were any kinks that needed to be worked out.  2.20's just been working so good, i hate to go and fix something that ain't broke.

On 3/16/2022 at 8:31 AM, tbrubaker said:

Just use Bing

thats about as funny as the surprise amber heard left on johnny depp's bed.

Having the same issue and can't access google. What is being done that makes google blacklist these IPs?

Google's business model commands everyone is identified sufficiently enough to target ads to because that's what their clients require.  The kind of person who understands the benefits of VPN is the kind of person who understands not to use Google.