Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.186.92
flare

dns does not work very well sometimes

Posted ... (edited)

I noticed that sometimes the dns cannot resolve common sites like reddit or for example if I open imgur with the vpn on firefox or safari,1322585942_Schermata2021-12-14alle17_25_03.thumb.png.7bbc2c3e538812157c8c6fa6d54c4de0.png

the spinner keeps spinning till I disable the VPN , then it works . Looks like there's a kind of cache poisoning or filtering because other sites work just fine .

Not sure what's going on but just wanted to let you know

for example  (using netherland server)
https://imgur.com/a/PRr9stV

regards

Edited ... by flare

Your screenshot does not confirm a DNS resolution error. Imgur is clearly shown. If it's not too much work, open the developer console with F12 on any browser (alternatively, Ctrl+Shift+Alt+I on Firefox) and switch to the Network tab. Then reload the page with Ctrl+F5. See if you get any 403 errors; these'd be indicative. 404 or a block symbol is more like adblocker.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

you're right it was kind of low effort post , more to collect feedback from others that might have had these strange random problems that are not blocking , just annoying

doing tests with Safari that has not any adblock

without the VPN works , with the vpn I get some 403 errors from the API

{
    "data": {
        "error": "Imgur is temporarily over capacity. Please try again later."
    },
    "success": false,
    "status": 403
}

so it's the api that apparently reduces the capacity per IP , trying different servers seems to work.

That does not explain why sometimes major sites (reddit, ansa etc..) appear down (404) until I change server but it helps

thanks

38 minutes ago, flare said:

so it's the api that apparently reduces the capacity per IP , trying different servers seems to work.

Hm. Still strange they use a 403 reply in such a case. Maybe it's an API-specific error code and not a HTTP code? But then why use something that can be mixed up with a valid, widely used, plausible HTTP code? All a bit strange.

42 minutes ago, flare said:

That does not explain why sometimes major sites (reddit, ansa etc..) appear down (404) until I change server but it helps

Indeed, these need to be analyzed separately.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

>Hm. Still strange they use a 403 reply

I'm not very familiar with safari, I just used it because it's vanilla without plugins. The 403 error was indeed coming from the api , the http response error is 429 (Too many Requests) which makes more  sense