Not connected, Your IP: 18.206.14.46
securvark

ANSWERED Forum notifications not working

Hello!

I want to follow news and anouncements forum. I enabled follow this forum with 'email when new content is posted', and I checked my forum notifications settings. I enabled 'send me news and information', both options to  automatically follow content I create or reply to, a 'A notification when new content is posted' is selected. In the selection list, 'New content for things I follow' has email selected. At the bottom, below 'AirVPN', all options have email selected.

Besides forum replies to my posts, I have never received an email for promotions, offers, or new topics in the 'news and anouncements forum'.

As replies do reach my inbox (I use Protonmail), I don't think there is a problem with delivering mail to my inbox. I do check other folders and spam messages, there are no airvpn mails there. Also, there is no rule to catch or delete these emails.

Is there anything else I can do, or perhaps you can check on your end as to why these mails don't reach me?

Thanks in advance!

Hm. Unsure what's going on here.

The Accouncements forum has got its own RSS feed, by the way. Maybe that's a workaround you can integrate into your mail or groupware client, at least for now. I know it's possible with Outlook, Thunderbird and KMail/Kontact.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks. See I got that notification of your reply :).

I don't use email clients (at all), but I can check if there are other ways to get that rss feed. It would be a nice work around.

Just now, securvark said:

Thanks. See I got that notification of your reply :).

Yes, you got it because you're following the topic, probably automatically because you created/replied to the topic. What I'm asking myself is if the notification for forums you follow is sent or not. Because if not, that's an obvious issue. I'll follow the most frequented forums and see if I get desktop and mail notifications to try to reproduce it. :)

I just received the first email notification, staff posted a new topic in 'News and Announcements'. With that, It seems the issue is resolved, although I'm not sure how.

On my end, I verified the notification settings and clicked saved (even though nothing changed) and earlier today, I marked all topics in the 'news and announcements' forum as read.

Yea, I couldn't reproduce it, anyway. I got a new topic email in General & Suggestions at 00:16. :) Maybe what you did really "solved" it, clicking on Save, I mean.