Not connected, Your IP: 18.232.187.47
winniethepoou

kindly asking for faster speeds/ semi or dedicated packages, I will gladly pay

Posted ... (edited)

Please I hope the staff consider this seriously.

I have recently signed up with torguard for their speeds and my oh my was that ever a big mistake. Nothing works over there setting up port forwarding is such a nightmare. 

AirVPN is the best VPN company out there. I just hope you guys offer more speeds/dedicated servers packages. I will gladly pay for them, I will be your first customer I will pay 50~ usd a month for this. Other then that I love airvpn and your support for open source projects! Please keep up the good work. 

EDIT: sorry mods I accidentally pressed post before getting to finish the post

Edited ... by winniethepoou

Before heading out, it pays to look in the mirror. I mean that metaphorically. It pays to first look at your own setup and see why a VPN connection might not be as performant as you hoped it would be. In 95% of cases it's a bottleneck or misconfiguration in your own setup: A CPU incapable of handling high encryption throughput, your network interface not configured with certain features, your router throttling UDP throughput, your ISP applying load management measures, or simply a config option present in one OpenVPN config and absent in another. Sometimes it's all it takes.
A VPN server with a load of 30% is not a good argument for one more server. It effectively means that 70% of the time the server does nothing.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks for the reply 

I am a long time customer of airvpn and I will be an airvpn customer. 

Im just craving a little bit more speeds thats all. I doubt I have a bottleneck as with torguard Im able to achieve 800down, 600-700up. I am constantly able to achieve max speeds without VPN which is 1.5g down, 1g up. I dont want this to make it look like Im shilling for torguard as I have already cancelled their services. 

Plus my speeds constantly matches the leader board. I can achieve anywhere around 400-600down, 200-300up. There is a way to work around my needs, having two airvpn running on two machines can achieve the upload I need. 

Im not complaining, Im not venting, just hoping airvpn offers faster speeds that I will gladly pay extra for thats all. 

PS- If airvpn offers me 1GB line I promise you I can max it it will never sit idle (I have a couple of servers that are stuck on hetzner ISP that needs some bypassing lol. I respect airvpn so I keep my use personal)

why on earth do you think you'll magically get better speed with any VPN because they flip a switch for you or say the right words in marketing (torguard)?  speed is heavily dependent upon protocol and what the network route allows.  try wireguard in that case.  Here with air there are a couple servers that are 10gbit/s.  have you tested those to prove to yourself that it's not a server load issue that won't be fixed by a dedicated server?

1 hour ago, winniethepoou said:

Im not complaining, Im not venting, just hoping airvpn offers faster speeds that I will gladly pay extra for thats all. 

PS- If airvpn offers me 1GB line I promise you I can max it it will never sit idle (I have a couple of servers that are stuck on hetzner ISP that needs some bypassing lol. I respect airvpn so I keep my use personal)

Those two lines effectively tell me that you didn't understand my post. As Mr. go558a83nk, posted while yours was still in queue admittedly, you don't magically get better throughput because the provider flips a "give customer X better experience" switch. AirVPN cannot offer you a gigabit line directly because it directly violates the actual goal of AirVPN: Privacy. To blur who's using which service via the VPN is why you will always need to share the line with other clients, and that means not saturating your GBit uplink, let alone the 1.5 GBit downlink.

However, to look at why you achieve slightly worse throughput via AirVPN, that is something you can focus on right here, right now. So if you're interested, do the usual honors of troubleshooting like providing logs (Eddie's support file in this case) and giving more info on your setup.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Why are you so hostile? I not saying any marketing words lmfao nor am I asking for any magic switch to be turned on. Even if there is magic switch involved I wouldnt know hence why I dont run my own VPN server and pay airvpn to do it for me. 

I seriously dont understand why you guys are so hostile. Yall think im lying or something shit? Proof of torguard cancellation (I told you im not here to shill)
https://ibb.co/Ss0Wtrv

Not only have Ive been an airvpn customer for more then a couple of years now. I actually have two subscription as I use this for more then 5 machines. 
proof https://ibb.co/0C8yvQ0

AND yes Ive tried the 10GB servers, and yes they are both slow a lot slower then the ones closer to me (canada) and yes Ive tried BOTH wireguard and openVPN have you?????

Basic benchmark no VPN 
https://ibb.co/nbnCq9k

On the 10GB server AIN wireguard
https://ibb.co/Ct9fzv5
AIN openvpn
https://ibb.co/yV5j60v

Arkab closer to me openvpn
https://ibb.co/7zqzv9b
wireguard
https://ibb.co/61T2Shs

The machine running the test. 
https://ibb.co/TtNLjg4

Router is an AMD 1600 running pfsense (and its not behind ISP provided router either, its connected directly to the fibreline. I was able to bypass the ISP provided router/modem combo)

So yes im a genuine customer of airvpn that genuinely wants faster speeds. IS IT FEASIBLE I DUNNNO??? But please dont come at me as if Im a network eng. that understands and knows what needs to be done. But also just because Im not a network eng. doestn mean I didnt do test, try different protocols make sure the problem wasnt on my end before I go make a post either. I know its not my router either because I set up my brother's PC to be able to VPN in at full gigabit speeds (he has the same internet plan as me). He moved out couple of years ago but still wanted LAN access as if he "never left".

No, that's not being hostile.  That's a gentle reprimand for believing *torguards marketing* because it seemed to me you were saying that you didn't get the speed torguard advertised.  Now I see that you do get better speeds with them. 

By the way,  I run pfsense too and have run wireguard on it since it became publicly available a couple weeks ago.  Somewhere on the forum here you'll also see some posts of mine with a speedtest using wireguard.  At the time I was told it was a new record.  So, that's why I encouraged you to try it.

With openvpn Air found that the 10gbit/s servers weren't as efficient as several 1gbit/s servers. I've seen a post detailing their findings.  But wireguard may change that paradigm.  Since wireguard is more efficient with CPU usage, and many people will have systems that can saturate 1gbit/s home internet using wireguard, VPN providers may have to trend towards 10gbit/s servers to meet the demand for speed.  But I'm no network engineer so what do I know....  And even if VPN servers do get more speed capability it still depends on what ISP/transit/peerage actually allows.

edit: your brother getting gig VPN to your homemade server is a great example of what I mean by ISP/transit/peerage allowance.  Since you're both on the same ISP there's no bottleneck.  But transiting outside your ISP likely leads to bottlenecks more or less depending on which networks are traversed. 

edit2: why aren't you running VPN on the pfsense box itself?  and, with wireguard in eddie can you manipulate mtu and mss?  if so, try 1420 for both or tune them for your network.  sometimes that's a problem with wireguard.