Not connected, Your IP: 3.87.209.162

Please add a toggle button to the Eddie Window Title Bar that toggles the size of the Eddie Window between the current size and a reduced size, that displays reduced info.
It should show the Server Name, Download & Upload bits/s. Thus the user can easily see that Eddie is working and has not died for some reason.

You mean, you hover with the mouse over the tray icon and can see download/upload info refreshed? Because there's no sense in making this another window; if the main window freezes, so will the "reduced" one. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I want an open window with readable text, that is either a strip or box, which can be left open, and does not require hovering the mouse over it to see what is happening.
Thus it should be something that an be seen while working in the windows of other programs.

Well, it's still a window of the main program. If the main window freezes, so does the window you want to be open.
In my humble, I-don't-know-.NET-well opinion, for this Eddie must be rewritten as some kind of a modular program outsourcing certain workloads to worker child processes or something (think: sandboxing). One will handle connection, one the main GUI and so on. The effort to rewrite it to this state is immense, though. I'm not sure your request is easily done.
Do you know of another program where you can do this, for reference?

Yes, the main window on the PerfectPrivacyVPN has a manually adjustable screen size for its Server Status Display.
Perhaps adding a window Height/Width capability to the existing Eddie window would help.

Unfortunately, their client is closed source and I found no screenshots to understand the idea. Can you provide a screenshot of the main window where you activate this thing and a screenshot of the window itself?

Window Height/Width adjustments work the same way as adjusting Window Height/Width as on Firefox.

5 hours ago, GaryH said:

Window Height/Width adjustments work the same way as adjusting Window Height/Width as on Firefox.

I think we don't understand one another. If the program hangs, everything belonging to that program hangs. This includes some resizable window which to my understanding would be part of the main process. Unless!, the task of drawing a window that does not hang when Eddie hangs is outsourced to a child process (which must be independent of the main process), like Eddie starting OpenVPN. Plus, you'd need a second child process monitoring the connection via the OpenVPN management interface or something, or maybe something speaking to the AirVPN library if implemented, I didn't dig that deep.

Loking at the current process tree of eddie-ui on Linux. eddie-ui launches Mono, Mono executes the code in Eddie.exe. I see that Eddie.exe then creates two child processes, eddie-cli-elevated and eddie-tray. A third one could very well be an Eddie status window or something. See what I mean?

Be advised, I'm still focusing on this:
On 11/18/2021 at 1:04 PM, GaryH said:

Thus the user can easily see that Eddie is working and has not died for some reason.

Your request is something that does not freeze when Eddie does. But simply resizing the window is no different from not resizing it at all, it's still the main window! If it kill, it kill. You know?

What's probably better is to look at why Eddie actually freezes for you, because there's no universe where freezing programs are expected behavior. (Writing it like this made me realize that we might be dealing with the XY problem here, but I'm not sure.)

Thanks for the explanation of how Eddie appears to work.
Can you create a new tool that displays the Connected Server Name, Download, & Upload bits/sec and
displays them in a small, but readable, window that remains open and actively updated without the user having to click on the window ?
That way, if Eddie hangs, the transfer rate should be stuck at zero and the user would know that Eddie is out to lunch.
A simple text display like that of "top" in a gnome-terminal window might work.

11 minutes ago, GaryH said:

Can you create a new tool that displays the Connected Server Name, Download, & Upload bits/sec and
displays them in a small, but readable, window that remains open and actively updated without the user having to click on the window ?

When it comes to software, I'm much more like a connoiseur, less like a vintner. I know software and how it works to a large degree, can mostly pinpoint where a software hangs itself down to the code and can talk about it.
When you ask me to make a wine on the other hand, I start to sweat over which grapes I must take, where to grow them and how long the fermentation must go.
In other words, it pays to know a bit about programs and their languages, but I'm not a programmer. :)

This request should be directed to clodo, one of the Eddie devs.

If you know a developer to send this request to, then please forward this info to the guru.
Thanks.

Sure, sure.
But you failed to react to my other remark:

On 11/22/2021 at 12:34 AM, OpenSourcerer said:

What's probably better is to look at why Eddie actually freezes for you, because there's no universe where freezing programs are expected behavior. (Writing it like this made me realize that we might be dealing with the XY problem here, but I'm not sure.)

If Eddie freezes for you, we should be getting into troubleshooting by now. Is this the case?

Eddie freezing is a rare event. I suspect it has more to do with the internet then with Eddie or my PCs.
I can not re-create the problem myself on any of my PCs.
Thus I feel it is some where out there on the world wide web that is transitioning.
If Eddie cannot restart on its own, then it locks up the affected PC.
Just a guess...

… ooh, so it's got nothing to do with an issue, it's just a regular feature request… oh well :)