Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.46.191

Network lock didn't stop my ISP from sending two letters to me, how can this even be possible? All of the tests I ran confirmed my Real IP was masked and I took every necessary precaution.

That's highly unlikely, it really boils down to misconfiguration. On the day you were "caught", did you check if NetLock worked? Which tests did you run?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Posted ... (edited)

The first time my network lock was off, but the second time the network lock was active, I do have the internet connection bound to my local network connection that air vpn created and the IP associated with it. I went to IPleak.net and ran all the tests and they all showed my VPN IP, when I started torrenting I got a second email any idea what happened here?

Edited ... by jamesmac77758

@jamesmac77758

Hello!

So, the first time you had Network Lock off and therefore a letter might be expected in certain countries (no matter whether you shared free or copyrighted content).

About the second case, keep in mind that Network Lock is based on your default system firewall. If that firewall doesn't work, or its rules are modified by some process with administrator privileges, the whole concept fails, and you might have even more serious problems than a letter from your ISP: if administrative actions were performed without your knowledge, it would mean that your system is compromised.

Also, you never know, check the letter and make sure that it's not a bogus letter. Ascertain its authenticity, if you haven't already done so. In particular, verify whether the complainant really tried to connect to your torrent client (check the port is really the one you employ, check the datestamp of presumed infringement and so on). Since recently, smaller copyright trolls did not validate with an active connection the IP address harvested from trackers (too expensive), and therefore it was so easy to engulf trackers with announcements containing fake IP addresses, just to prank people you don't like for example, or any other joke.

Kind regards

Is it possible I have my qbittorrent misconfigured? I have been able to use this VPN to change regions and everything has worked flawlessly except for torrenting, I'm pretty sure this is on my end considering this isn't a widespread issue, I cant seem to find anything that could be blocking my firewall, it may be a fake email, but it's strangely close to the time I was torrenting (only got emails after torrenting) perhaps I'm somehow still downloading torrents through my real IP instead of the VPN? In such a case, how can I be sure that I'm downloading it 100 % with my IP masked? Thanks for the help

@jamesmac77758

Is it possible I have my qbittorrent misconfigured?

Hello!

It is possible, but Network Lock rules would have blocked traffic leaks by qBittorrent even in this case.

it may be a fake email, but it's strangely close to the time I was torrenting

Do the allegedly shared content and the listening port match? If so, it should be authentic.

how can I be sure that I'm downloading it 100 % with my IP masked?

On https://ipleak.net you find a torrent dedicated test, "Torrent address detection", make sure you perform it.

Also, check the firewall rules (what is your Operating System?) while Network Lock is enabled and your system is operating in the VPN. Send them to us if in doubt.

Kind regards

5 hours ago, jamesmac77758 said:

Weird, when I click on the torrent test on ipleak.net it says no data was collected
I'm using windows 10 with mostly default settings

Hello!

Have you added the generated magnet link to your torrent software?

Kind regards