Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.139.99
duongz

trouble binding qbittorent + using proxy

when i have network lock on, my torrenting ip address is hidden, but i cant download anything in qbittorent. to bind, i went to network interface and put in name of the connection my vpn is using.

when network lock is off, i can download but my ip address is shown.

i addedd eddie and qbittorent exceptions to my windows firewall and antivirus.

also how do i use the proxy feature?

8 hours ago, duongz said:

and put in name of the connection my vpn is using.

Don't forget to restart qBittorrent after that.

when network lock is off, i can download but my ip address is shown.

Which means, something is messed up, and I have a hunch what it is:

i addedd eddie and qbittorent exceptions to my windows firewall and antivirus.

First, default NetLock is via Windows Filtering Platform, Windows Firewall should be left as is. But we don't know that since you didn't provide a support file from Eddie (Logs > lifebelt icon). Second, that Antivirus is another chaos variable, firstly because you didn't say which one you're using, secondly because it means there are now at least two packet filters active in your system (Windows Firewall and the Antivirus firewall if applicable, plus WFP if NetLock is engaged).

Suggestions:
  1. Give us more information: qBittorrent version? Windows version? Eddie version? Provide an Eddie support file (Logs tab > lifebelt icon). Maybe provide the qB log, it can be shown via View > Logs > Enable Show, but remove any information on torrents; what you torrent is not our concern.
  2. Uninstall your Antivirus because they're a remnant of a time gone. Windows Defender does the job just as well and doesn't interfere with programs. Reset the Windows Firewall to how it was and rely on Eddie's NetLock through WFP (as written, it's the default).

also how do i use the proxy feature?

There is no proxy feature. What you can do is connect to AirVPN via proxy server when it's required for connecting to the net but it's not the case for you.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Okay, please don't copy the logs, click on the lifebelt button right of it and paste/upload that. This is crucial because qBittorrent logs Listening on {…} and no one will have an idea which interface that is.
Secondly, qBittorrent successfully forwards port 61128 via UPnP on a 192.168.x.x IP that is clearly not AirVPN's, so I have another hunch that you're not listening on the TAP interface here, so it's no wonder you can't download anything. Disregard point 2 in the previous post. In qBittorrent settings, do these:

1. Connection > Disable UPnP/NAT-PMP forwarding.
  2. Advanced > Set the listening interface to TAP Adapter. If it's not present, ensure you are connected first.
  3. General recommendation: In BitTorrent > Enable Anonymous mode. This will scramble some ID information and is a good addition to using a VPN.

12 hours ago, duongz said:

i dont see listening interface in advanced, u mean network interface?

Eddie.txt

Yes.
And it's as I thought: You do listen on the wrong interface in qBittorrent. Change that to either "TAP-Windows Adapter" or "Local area connection 3".

1 hour ago, bluesjunior said:

You do realise that the latest version of qBittorrent is v4.3.9. Your is way out of date?.

Well, the user also runs Windows 7 still. I'd say there's a bigger fire further down the road :)

i updated qbittorent and tried wireless network connection 3 under which my vpn is using, there is no TAP-windows adapter

1 hour ago, duongz said:

i updated qbittorent and tried wireless network connection 3 under which my vpn is using, there is no TAP-windows adapter

As mentioned above, it only shows if you're connected to AirVPN.