Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.6.75

@Staff Ok, it happened again. Just so you know that I know, I'm using the latest stable release 2.20.0 and know that you recommend 2.21.5. Now that I can show the error I will switch to that release, however generally I prefer to stick to stable releases simply so that I can use homebrew to stay updated.

Eddie crashed again. The network lock is off again. Eddie gave no error and the OS simply asked if I would like to reopen the app.
Upon reopening Eddie, I get an error:
Unable to obtain elevated privileges (required): Unable to start (Client not allowed: Remote executable '/Applications/Eddie.app/Contents/MacOS/Eddie' not signed)

It's strange that it would be unsigned - I guess the App changed and the signature no longer matches, but why? Eddie will no longer open past this point. I will now have to reinstall Eddie, and If I am very unlucky, I will have to delete the ~/.config/eddie directory before it will work again.

I printed the pf rules before and after the crash using 'sudo pfctl -sa'. If there is a more useful method please let me know - I know nothing. I've attached both rules below. I tried to redact my real IP, but I probably missed one. whoops.

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 13.32.13.jpg

pf rules with network lock.txt pf rules after crash.txt

@Staff Interestingly, after downloading Eddie from the website (link below) I am told that Eddie is damaged after copying it to the Applications folder.

I deleted all traces of Eddie from the ~/Library and ~/.config and I can copy now the same downloaded file to the Applications folder without an error.

I have to say, I have never had so much trouble from an app before.

https://eddie.website/download/?platform=macos-10.15&arch=arm64&ui=ui&format=disk.dmg&version=experimental&r=0.33827387255181884

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 13.54.24.jpg

@adamrabbit

Hello!

The first problem you mention is explained here:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/50336-eddie-macos-unable-to-start-client-not-allowed-remote-executable-not-signed/

The presence of Mono dump file(s) (created in the mentioned directory when Eddie crashed) causes the integrity check failure at any subsequent run. The bug is resolved in Eddie 2.21.5.

The second problem you mention appears cryptic. The error message means that the Operating System first failed to verify Eddie.app signature (in macOS, when you command the system to copy something in the Application directory via GUI, the system does not exactly comply to your order, but performs additional operations),. However the same procedure succeeded later, according to your own description, so it was not true that Eddie.app was "damaged".

Please let us know whether Eddie 2.21.5 beta resolves all the problems you reported, especially the crashes you experienced.

Kind regards

34 minutes ago, Staff said:
@adamrabbit

Hello!

The first problem you mention is explained here:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/50336-eddie-macos-unable-to-start-client-not-allowed-remote-executable-not-signed/

The presence of Mono dump file(s) (created in the mentioned directory when Eddie crashed) causes the integrity check failure at any subsequent run. The bug is resolved in Eddie 2.21.5.

The second problem you mention appears cryptic. The error message means that the Operating System first failed to verify Eddie.app signature (in macOS, when you command the system to copy something in the Application directory via GUI, the system does not exactly comply to your order, but performs additional operations),. However the same procedure succeeded later, according to your own description, so it was not true that Eddie.app was "damaged".

Please let us know whether Eddie 2.21.5 beta resolves all the problems you reported, especially the crashes you experienced.

Kind regards

This problem happened with Eddie 2.21.5. It was resolved by deleting all the configuration files. MacOS must think the configuration files are part of the app.

Next got stuck in a few retry loops. I was actually trying to exit the application and instead I have to force quit because the app keeps trying to do something unnecessary.

I had to restart, for the second time, and now eddie seems to be working. I often get stuck in these retry loops and the only way to fix them is to force quit and restart. very frustrating. I hope there's a stable release soon.

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 18.09.52.jpg

@adamrabbit

Hello!

Please enable logging on file, you can do it on the "Logs" window. When you reproduce the "retry loops" try not to force Eddie to quit, but cancel the operation. If it's not possible to cancel, send us anyway the generated log file before and after having forced Eddie to quit.

Kind regards