Not connected, Your IP: 34.224.33.93
JamesFrancis

Connection errors due to session limit

Posted ... (edited)

Good evening,

I have a problem with frequent disconnections.

For some time I have been using AirVPN on my router, an Asus with the OS Asus Merlin.
On each router I use 5 OpenVPN clients simultaneously, each with different keys.
Now it happens from time to time that all clients lose the connection. If I now go to the members area, it says that the limit of concurrent sessions has been exceeded and therefore all connections have been disconnected.
But this can not be.
So there must be a problem.

Can anyone help me?

My thanks!!

Edited ... by JamesFrancis

Hello!

If I now go to the members area, it says that the limit of concurrent sessions has been exceeded and therefore all connections have been disconnected.

As a preliminary clarification, if your account uses all the connection slots and a new connection is required, the previous connection slots remain unaffected. Therefore, the disconnections occurred at an earlier time.

On each router I use 5 OpenVPN clients simultaneously, each with different keys.
Now it happens from time to time that all clients lose the connection.

If each OpenVPN client connected to a different server, the most plausible cause of the simultaneous disconnection is some line break, or a problem in the router.

it says that the limit of concurrent sessions has been exceeded
So there must be a problem.

Not necessarily. If the connections were over UDP (if they are over TCP, the following does not stand), and the disconnection is caused by a line drop, your clients can not notify the server that they were disconnecting. UDP is connectionless and in our system the ping timeout is set to 60 seconds. Add to that a few more seconds for communications between VPN servers, proxy and backend servers, and you see that you need to wait more than a minute to have your connection slots freed in case of unexpected disconnection without notification in UDP.

Kind regards

Hey, 

Thanks a lot for the help.
I found the error and learned a few things again.
The problem came about because my modem changes the IP once every day. Thus, the disconnection occurred without me knowing about it.

5 hours ago, JamesFrancis said:

The problem came about because my modem changes the IP once every day.

Hi, are you living in Germany, Austria or Switzerland? If yes, you can disable this behavior in your router. Daily disconnects are no longer mandatory there on FTTH, DOCSIS/Cable and VDSL connections.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.