Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.233.72

I've been using airvpn for around a day now, and port forwarding was working fine, but now every port I open results in connection timed out. I checked canyouseeme.org and it also times out. I'm using port forwarding for torrenting btw.

Well, sounds very much like something's up with your system. You tried a reboot?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Same here, had no problems with port forwarding for about 1,5 years now. Recently (= a week or so) the ports are not always forwarded. Usually a reconnect to the same VPN server fixed it, but today the forwarding works only after four or five re-connects.

Can't confirm any of that, sorry. Check any interference with your networks on your system – programs, primarily.

I tried several AirVPN servers in the last couple of days.
One of them had a port closed that is set up to be forwarded in the AirVPN user area on the AirVPN homepage (just mentioning this for everyone who sets up port forwarding in their router/modem or OS firewall while using a VPN ... I did that ;) ).
The same port was open on all other AirVPN servers that I tried.

@chimney sweep

Hello!

Feel free to specify the server. To forward an inbound port to a specific node, a server applies prerouting rules created (according to customer's settings), transmitted and ordered by our backends to the VPN server. Failure of rules enforcement only on one server hints to a problem of some kind related to that server, and by telling us the specific server you experience the problem on you help us troubleshoot those cases which are not detected by the automatic supervision and warnng system.

Kind regards

4 hours ago, Staff said:
@chimney sweep

Hello!

Feel free to specify the server. To forward an inbound port to a specific node, a server applies prerouting rules created (according to customer's settings), transmitted and ordered by our backends to the VPN server. Failure of rules enforcement only on one server hints to a problem of some kind related to that server, and by telling us the specific server you experience the problem on you help us troubleshoot those cases which are not detected by the automatic supervision and warnng system.

Kind regards

Copernicus, Sweden. I just connected. Tested the port. Not open.

Disconnected. Re connected. Teste the port. Not open.

Ain, Sweden. Port closed at the moment.

Both Copernicus and Ain did not have the problem last time I was connected. 

To make sure, I went in the user area and copy/pasted the port number.

Checking others...

Camelopardalis, Norway. Port open.

Trying Copernicus, Sweden again. Port now open again.
Xuange, Switzerland. Port open now. 

Seems to be not server specific.

… can you please NOT spam the thread like that? Damn. Edit your first reply if you want to update. Better yet, do your tests with all relevant servers before posting. It's helpful to know the server name, but obliterates its helpfulness if every five minutes you say something different. I suggest you take a breather now.

Xuange, Switzerland. Port is closed again. Again, I did nothing, no log out no log in.

I did set up a different port in the user area on the AirVPN home page. I logged off from Xuange. I logged back in.
The first port in now open agai. 
The new port is closed.
Checked both twice. No change at the moment.

5 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

… can you please NOT spam the thread like that? Damn. Edit your first reply if you want to update. Better yet, do your tests with all relevant servers before posting. It's helpful to know the server name, but obliterates its helpfulness if every five minutes you say something different. I suggest you take a breather now.

Noted. 

The thought was that the exact times are logged.

I am reporting something different because the situation changes constantly. That might also be the cause for the issues that I have been having the last 2-3 days.

*When I was at 3 posts, I intended to copy everything into one post and delete the others but there seems to be no delete function.

10 hours ago, chimney sweep said:

*When I was at 3 posts, I intended to copy everything into one post and delete the others but there seems to be no delete function.

Yes, it would create opportunities for users to start deleting their posts once their problem is solved, effectively negating the usefulness of the forums for future readers. It happens rarely, thankfully, but it does, currently in the form of editing all previous posts with … and leave as if nothing happened.

On 11/29/2021 at 12:34 AM, Staff said:
@chimney sweep

Hello!

Understood, we are investigating, there's no need that you keep posting.

Kind regards

The problem is still there. The one port that I am actively using keeps on constantly switching between opened to closed.
I have 3 other ports defined for port forwarding in the AirVPN user area. All these are either closed or produce a time out message.

@chimney sweep

It's impossible in theory that packet forwarding goes on and off during a session because prerouting rules for a node are changed only at the start and at the end of a session, not during the session itself., there's just no existing code to do that. (*) Some twist comes from WireGuard, due to its inability (by design, intended) to detect the end of a session, but nothing that can't be resolved in a matter of minutes thanks to the enforced pre-assumed timeouts.

Do you mean that sometimes you have packet forwarding working, and on another session to the same server you have it not working? If so, you already wrote it in many other messages in this thread.

If you run both WireGuard and OpenVPN, do you notice any difference?

(*) EDIT: not totally true: if ports are modified by a user from the web site control panel, then the controlling servers send commands to all VPN servers the user has active sessions with in order to alter the rules accordingly. - pj

Kind regards

24 minutes ago, Staff said:
@chimney sweep

It's impossible in theory that packet forwarding goes on and off during a session because prerouting rules for a node are changed only at the start and at the end of a session, not during the session itself., there's just no existing code to do that. (*) Some twist comes from WireGuard, due to its inability (by design, intended) to detect the end of a session, but nothing that can't be resolved in a matter of minutes thanks to the enforced pre-assumed timeouts.

Do you mean that sometimes you have packet forwarding working, and on another session to the same server you have it not working? If so, you already wrote it in many other messages in this thread.

If you run both WireGuard and OpenVPN, do you notice any difference?

(*) EDIT: not totally true: if ports are modified by a user from the web site control panel, then the controlling servers send commands to all VPN servers the user has active sessions with in order to alter the rules accordingly. - pj

Kind regards

The port is sometimes reported to be opened, sometimes closed without logging off and back on. This happens very often. Within 30 minutes of sporadic checking, it seems that the actively used port has be switching between opened and closed perhaps 10 times.

Also: 3 of 4 ports defined for port forwarding in the user area on the AirVPN homepage seem to be permanently not working. 2 of those have been set for several years, 1 of the ports is new (defined 1-2 days ago). None of these 3 seem to work at all.

The software I use is Eddie. I don't use the WireGuard protocol. 

2 minutes ago, chimney sweep said:

The port is sometimes reported to be opened, sometimes closed without logging off and back on. This happens very often. Within 30 minutes of sporadic checking, it seems that the actively used port has be switching between opened and closed perhaps 10 times.

Also: 3 of 4 ports defined for port forwarding in the user area on the AirVPN homepage seem to be permanently not working. 2 of those have been set for several years, 1 of the ports is new (defined 1-2 days ago). None of these 3 seem to work at all.

The software I use is Eddie. I don't use the WireGuard protocol. 

Hello!

Very puzzling, please open a ticket because we want to check directly the server rules inside the server while you are connected to that server to discern whether the problem is on the server side.

Kind regards

No idea if it is related but i keep failing on opening ports too, i keep getting "Connection timed out (110)" every time i test them through the client area.

edit: it looks like that i completely disable UFW on Debian ports are now reachable. Is this a normal behaviour? When i was on Arch i used eddie flawlessy along side GUFW whith everything blocked.

@crypto1.0

Hello!

Yes, ufw is a firewall frontend which sets its own customized chains with several rules, It may cause block of incoming packets and potentially it might interfere with Network Lock. ufw may be configured differently in different distributions and distribution versions.. We're glad to know that you managed to resolve the problem.

Kind regards