Not connected, Your IP: 18.234.139.149

I have an Nvidia Shield TV and would like to run some apps through airvpn.
I've searched few threads but still unsure as to what I actually need to install. I see mentions of Eddie and OpenVPN. Which is recommended? Am I supposed to select an Android version?
Is there any guide on how to go about installing whichever is recommended?

12 hours ago, daniel.bmyer@gmail.com said:

Which is recommended?

Both are fine. :) Keep in mind though that Eddie is listed as not compatible on the Play Store:How-To should be similar to these. For Eddie, as hinted above, use the APK way of installation.Let us know if they worked.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I followed the instructions as per above for OpenVPN for Android but it didn't work. I selected Linux for the config files and selected one using UDP. For proxy I left it at none.
When I Confirm the Android's security prompt dialog I get an error
First error I see is right at the top
Warning: compression for receiving enabled. Compression has been used in teh past to break encryption. Sent packets are not cmpressed unless "allow-compression yes" is also set.
Deprecated option: --cipher set to 'aes-256-cbc' but missing in --data ciphers xxx openvpn ignores --cipher negotiations.
a few other lines then seem ok then
opensll: error:0A00018E:SSL routines::ca md too weak
mgmt: got unrecognized command>fatal: cannot load inline certificate file.
Openssl reported a certificate with a weak hash, please the in app FAQ about weak hashes
Cannot load inline certificate file
Exiting due to fatal error 
Process exited with exit value 1

I'm not sure if I should be modifying items on teh basic, server list, iip and dns, routing tabs etc...

I'm a total newbie at this so have no idea what I'm doing...

6 hours ago, KalahariCry said:

First error I see is right at the top

First "error" is in fact a warning. Warnings and errors are quite different in that warnings will still let you connect. The first warning only notifies you that compression is enabled which was used in the past to attack encryption in general, not directly OpenVPN.
The second warning is about you using --cipher instead of the two directives --data-ciphers and --data-ciphers-fallback added in OpenVPN 2.5. When you generate a config, pick Advanced mode and select the OpenVPN version >2.5, then this warning will not be shown.

The OpenSSL error stems straight from the key you're using because AirVPN's CA certificate used a SHA1 hash. To fix, please go to the Devices section of your client area and regenerate all certificate pairs by clicking on the Renew buttons next to all keys you've got, then regenerate any used configs and reimport them everywhere you used them. This will bundle a new CA certificate with a SHA512 hash.
Alternatively, in OpenVPN for Android you can enable usage of legacy OpenSSL which doesn't deem SHA1 as weak. For this, go through the settings of all AirVPN profiles and tick Load OpenSSL legacy provider. Remember, though, that it's a cheap workaround; you can fix this for years to come with the above.

More info on the OpenSSL thing:

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.