Not connected, Your IP: 44.204.65.189

Was able to access the site up to today, routing both their ip addresses outside the tunnel. Trying to log in today I get "IP address banned indefinitely". Ideas?

Here's something from the past.Probably a TOR exit again. Change the server.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

12 hours ago, madrat said:

Was able to access the site up to today, routing both their ip addresses outside the tunnel. Trying to log in today I get "IP address banned indefinitely". Ideas?

Read the rules at BTN! If you persist with browsing (seeding is OK) with a VPN you could lose your account.

40 minutes ago, NaDre said:

Read the rules at BTN! If you persist with browsing (seeding is OK) with a VPN you could lose your account.

OK. Not being a Net whizz, does routing their ip addresses outside the tunnel, not effectively avoid using the VPN? I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

43 minutes ago, madrat said:

OK. Not being a Net whizz, does routing their ip addresses outside the tunnel, not effectively avoid using the VPN? I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

If you are sure that you have a routing table entry for all of the IP addresses for the site, then yes. The IP addresses associated with a domain name hosted at Cloudflare can change suddenly. And even frequently in some cases. And any other sites using those same IP addresses at that moment are also being routed around the VPN. You can do this for IPv4 with an OpenVPN directive using the domain name rather than the IP address. But not for IPv6. And no Wireguard client I have seen provides this.

You may be wise to search/use the forum there. There is lots of discussion about this.

For what it is worth here is what I do:

https://github.com/tool-maker/VPN_just_for_torrents/wiki/Running-OpenVPN-on-Windows-without-VPN-as-Default-Gateway

7 hours ago, NaDre said:

If you are sure that you have a routing table entry for all of the IP addresses for the site, then yes. The IP addresses associated with a domain name hosted at Cloudflare can change suddenly. And even frequently in some cases. And any other sites using those same IP addresses at that moment are also being routed around the VPN. You can do this for IPv4 with an OpenVPN directive using the domain name rather than the IP address. But not for IPv6. And no Wireguard client I have seen provides this.

You may be wise to search/use the forum there. There is lots of discussion about this.

For what it is worth here is what I do:

https://github.com/tool-maker/VPN_just_for_torrents/wiki/Running-OpenVPN-on-Windows-without-VPN-as-Default-Gateway

Appreciate the info and yes, most likely their ip has changed, as it was working up until the other day. should have mentioned I was on a Mac, so the link probably would not apply to me. Cheers!

4 hours ago, madrat said:

Appreciate the info and yes, most likely their ip has changed, as it was working up until the other day. should have mentioned I was on a Mac, so the link probably would not apply to me. Cheers!

So, instead of putting the IP addresses "outside the tunnel", I put "www.broadcasthe.net" "outside the tunnel". Why does that not work?

8 hours ago, madrat said:

So, instead of putting the IP addresses "outside the tunnel", I put "www.broadcasthe.net" "outside the tunnel". Why does that not work?

OpenVPN resolves www.broadcasthe.net at connect, takes the first result and uses that. It won't iterate through all returned addresses.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

14 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

OpenVPN resolves www.broadcasthe.net at connect, takes the first result and uses that. It won't iterate through all returned addresses.

Bummer!! (Sorry. Grew up in the 70's)