Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.26.246
yoyall

ANSWERED How to revert back to wintap?

I've been using the wintun driver in Eddie 2.20.0 and I want to revert back to the wintap driver.

To accomplish this, is it as simple as unchecking the box "use wintun driver" and restarting Eddie?

The reason I ask is when I look at the stats I can't see which driver I'm using. Is it listed there?

I wanted to make sure that I didn't need to uninstall the wintun driver.

Cheers.

I believe I've managed to answer my own question and I'll post here what I've found in case it helps anyone else who wants to switch back and forth.

The short answer is that reverting back to the wintap driver is as simple as unchecking the box and restarting Eddie. (I believe it's important that you actually exit and restart.)

And to check which driver you're using, you can create a system report.

This is what you see when you're using the wintap driver:

OpenVPN > ROUTE6: default_gateway=UNDEF
OpenVPN > open_tun
OpenVPN > tap-windows6 device [Local Area Connection] opened
OpenVPN > TAP-Windows Driver Version 9.24
OpenVPN > Set TAP-Windows TUN subnet mode network/local/netmask = 10.20.55.0/10.20.55.11/255.255.255.0 [SUCCEEDED]
OpenVPN > Notified TAP-Windows driver to set a DHCP IP/netmask of 10.20.55.11/255.255.255.0 on interface {1E379F79-5B69-4B05-9872-B38A35A262D3} [DHCP-serv: 10.20.55.254, lease-time: 31536000]

And this is what you see using the wintun driver:
OpenVPN > ROUTE6: default_gateway=UNDEF
OpenVPN > open_tun
OpenVPN > wintun device [Local Area Connection 2] opened
So, there you go. That's how you switch back and forth and verify which one you're using. If anyone else out there was wondering...

Of course if I'm wrong about this, I'd be very grateful if someone would put me right. 🤔

Cheers,
Jules

Strictly speaking, it's a few clicks too much to find what you're looking for, as that info is in the logs, and the system report includes the complete log. :)
But you're still 100% right ❤️

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.