Not connected, Your IP: 3.80.129.195
Sign in to follow this  
airvpnforumuser

Has AirVPN ever been contacted by a government/law enforcement to provide customer data?

Hi

Please correct me if I am wrong but I cannot find if AirVPN publishes this data (similar to Google) regarding requests for user data.

Has AirVPN ever been required to provide data on any customers/accounts?

If so, what data can AirVPN provide? Do we have any examples of a request and a response?

I'd be very surprised if AirVPN has never been contacted for any information they may hold on a user. I also wonder if gag orders are used that may prevent AirVPN from being able to disclose if a customers account is being monitored (for example, a government logging each time a connect/disconnect is made, to which server, using what key, and for how long (the client area does record info on session times)).

Obviously this data should be largely meaningless but I still wanted to ask nonetheless if anyone has sent AirVPN an email asking at least and what their response was (or may be, if somebody does ask, like the US/UK government for example).

Thanks.

@airvpnforumuser

Hello!

Has AirVPN ever been required to provide data on any customers/accounts?

No, never, because the investigations follow a different path.

If so, what data can AirVPN provide?

However, we received request for information several times. Such requests relied exclusively on data retention which we do not perform according to the legal framework of countries the servers are located in and/or according the decisions of the CJEU on blanket data retention. We do not inspect or log traffic content or metadata.

No, we never received gag orders outside the scope of the aforementioned requests, i.e. prohibition to inform the final user that an investigation is ongoing about him or her in case we could identify the user, which never happened for the same reasons above.

Do we have any examples of a request and a response?

You don't, as we never publish private communications regardless of the entity or person sending them, no matter who they are.

Kind regards