Not connected, Your IP: 54.83.176.101
Staff

Eddie Android edition 2.5 Release Candidate is available

I just installed the RC1 version on LineageOS 17.1 and noticed that setting "Display message dialogs" to value 0 is being ignored. Messages are being displayed none the less.

Also please add dark theme, it's the only app left on my device that blinds at night.

Other than that it's working flawlessly.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:32 AM, Staff said:
@airvpnforumuser

Hello and thank you for your tests and the bug report!

Please make sure that "Always on VPN" is enabled for Eddie, as it is a mandatory option to let a VPN app start during bootstrap in latest Android releases.

If that option is enabled and the problem persists, can you please share with us the log as soon as you have manually launched Eddie? And if possible, it would be more important than the log, can you please send us the logcat starting from the initial bootstrap?

Kind regards

Hi. After waiting for new release (RC1) I am pleased to say this issue is fully resolved and Eddie connects when the device is launched during bootstrap.

EDIT: this is still buggy - I'll submit a ticket. One error of note: request AirvpnDocument(): request error or malformed request

As a word of advise if you use 'extreme battery saver' on certain devices make sure AirVPN app is excluded - seems obvious but worth pointing out.

@Maggie144

Hello and thank you!

A dark theme will be planned in the near future for the next version.

The option you mention suppresses dialog messages with no priority, while it can't suppress some Eddie "priority" messages, which are important. Eddie defines "normal" and "important" messages. For example, network state changes are included in the first set, while unexpected disconnections and connections related messages are included in the second set.

Kind regards

On 12/19/2021 at 8:54 AM, airvpnforumuser said:

Hi. After waiting for new release (RC1) I am pleased to say this issue is fully resolved and Eddie connects when the device is launched during bootstrap.

Hello!

We're glad to know it, but isn't it dangerous to launch the device? 😀

EDIT: this is still buggy - I'll submit a ticket. One error of note: request AirvpnDocument(): request error or malformed request

Thank you for your tests. We have not received the ticket, can you please check? Please include the complete log and, if possible, the logcat in your ticket.

Kind regards

On 12/20/2021 at 10:29 AM, Staff said:

Hello!

We're glad to know it, but isn't it dangerous to launch the device? 😀

Thank you for your tests. We have not received the ticket, can you please check? Please include the complete log and, if possible, the logcat in your ticket.

Kind regards

Hi!

Sorry for the delay - I've been doing some testing to try and understand if it's an issue on my end or with Eddie. I will submit a ticket now for your consideration.