Not connected, Your IP: 44.195.47.227
cellulosa

Sainsbury's (account.sainsburys.co.uk)

hi guys,

Sainsbury's homepage loads fine (https://www.sainsburys.co.uk), however the login page (e.g. at the top right Login > Groceries account) which is required to access all services, returns a 403 forbidden error.

Lots of NS_BINDING_ABORTED are being returned from various GET calls in the background.

The website loads fine with the VPN is turned off.

Let me know how I can help.

20 hours ago, cellulosa said:

hi guys,

Sainsbury's homepage loads fine (https://www.sainsburys.co.uk), however the login page (e.g. at the top right Login > Groceries account) which is required to access all services, returns a 403 forbidden error.

Lots of NS_BINDING_ABORTED are being returned from various GET calls in the background.

Companies that offer transactions often block VPN access, you can reach out to Sainsburys directly and ask them to whitelist or remove the AirVPN exit nodes from their blacklist but I suspect they won't be interested. Using a VPN to mask your identity with a service that you log into and that has your home address to deliver to is usually not valuable. 

On 8/5/2021 at 3:11 AM, dIecbasC said:

but I suspect they won't be interested. Using a VPN to mask your identity with a service that you log into and that has your home address to deliver to is usually not valuable. 

@cellulosa I would still contact them so it ends up somewhere in the system. While above is valid, a truthful point for VPN usage is public Wi-Fi hotspots that you should use a VPN on, hence justifying your attempt to access their website via AirVPN.

Posted ... (edited)

Fair point, @dIecbasC. I just have it always on but I guess it takes nothing to switch it temporarily.
Weirdly enough, even if I add the website and the various ips to `net_gateway` it still does not work.
Will do @Stalinium

Edited ... by cellulosa

On 8/4/2021 at 7:04 PM, cellulosa said:

hi guys,

It sounds like there's a problem with accessing the login page, and you're getting a weird error message.