Not connected, Your IP: 13.59.243.194
d3adf1sh

connection to cursa usa server blocked by eset antivirus

so it happened once a couple weeks ago and wouldn't let me connect, which i thought was weird.  and i just tried to connect tonight and it did the same thing.  i just realized it was the same server because i screenshotted the detection.  it's saying that https://cursa_exit.airservers.org has been blocked and if i go into the logs in eset it's saying it's on ip blacklist. 

i've been using air everyday for a couple years now and that's the only server i've ever had trouble connecting to.  and so you know i use just ESET NOD32 antivirus and not the whole "internet security" thing they got.  it's actually been great and everyone's computer that i've installed on has been virus free (even this one girl and her mom that were notoriously bad).  but just thought it was weird and someone would want to know.

7 18 21 air.png

18 hours ago, d3adf1sh said:

it's actually been great and everyone's computer that i've installed on has been virus free (even this one girl and her mom that were notoriously bad)

Nothing detected != not infected. :)

Just put it on the exception list or something.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

The IP it's complaining about is Cursa's exit IP, not one of the entry IPs that accept OpenVPN connections.  Are you using port forwarding from Cursa's exit IP?  (Or maybe I'm just being clueless.  Happens sometimes!)

servername_exit is used by Eddie's routes check to verify packets sent to the exit IP being correctly received on the client. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 7/23/2021 at 5:25 PM, OpenSourcerer said:

Nothing detected != not infected. :)

Just put it on the exception list or something.
yeah, i doubted there was a problem, but like i said when i checked the logs it said that ip was on the blacklist.  weird that eset would have that on their blacklist, figured i'd let the staff know just in case something weird was going on and they wanted to investigate or in case they wanted to try and get it removed from the blacklist.  that's the only time i've ever had an issue connecting.  so for now i just avoid that one.  no big deal.