Not connected, Your IP: 35.175.174.36
Staff

Eddie Desktop 2.21 beta released

Even after 3 downloads: Installer integrity check has failed. NSIS_Error.
As I downloaded it three times, I guess its not a problem on my end (Win 10x64)

27 minutes ago, earthuser said:

Even after 3 downloads: Installer integrity check has failed. NSIS_Error.
As I downloaded it three times, I guess its not a problem on my end (Win 10x64)

Fixed, please retry, sorry.

So far, no more troubles when the system wakes up under OSX Catalina, also disconnecting/quitting works well.
Latency tests are much faster, but they gives unusual results for my location (France), with a lot of north American servers getting high scores. 
The screenshot shows a lot of Canadian servers, but I've been once directly connected to a USA server.

Capture d’écran 2021-08-21 à 13.05.20.jpg

Hello @Clodo,
I am assuming from the changelog for 2.21.1 that the following has not been fixed:

On 7/25/2021 at 3:03 PM, puff-m-d said:

I am having one issue with this new beta version. When I boot my system (with Eddie set to start with system), I now get an UAC prompt from Windows for Eddie-UI.exe that I must confirm.

as I am still having this issue with the latest beta.
Other than the above, 2.21.1 is running here with no other issues...

The ping doesn't work correctly. It should be between 15-30 ms for those Servers from my location.2021-08-21_182149.thumb.jpg.d3b2b2d0f2785223bf191945a15b2624.jpg

running the new beta 2.21.1 I get the following log lines when wlan is off, before starting Eddie. The ping results will not come in, only more dots..  It seems to run in a loop also, as I couldn't exit, even though command was issued and logged, it wanted to keep on collecting information about AirVPN in a slowed down manner instead of seconds it took a minute for one° try.
Had to kill wlan for Eddie to stop & exit finally.
Update: Ping issues remain also in this version, same as last version I described, nothing changed

. 2021.08.21 20:37:41 - Eddie version: 2.21.1beta / macos_x64, System: MacOS, Name: macOS 10.15.7, Version: 10.15.7 (Build 19H1323), Mono/.Net: v4.0.30319
. 2021.08.21 20:37:43 - Reading options from /Users/inet/.config/eddie/default.profile
. 2021.08.21 20:37:45 - OpenVPN - Version: 3.3.2 - Hummingbird - AirVPN OpenVPN 3 Client 1.1.2 - 4 June 2021 (/usr/local/bin/hummingbird)
. 2021.08.21 20:37:45 - SSH - Version: OpenSSH_8.1p1, LibreSSL 2.7.3 (/usr/bin/ssh)
. 2021.08.21 20:37:45 - SSL - Version: stunnel 5.56 (/Applications/Eddie.app/Contents/MacOS/stunnel)
! 2021.08.21 20:37:45 - Activation of Network Lock - macOS - PF
I 2021.08.21 20:37:46 - Ready
. 2021.08.21 20:37:47 - Collect information about AirVPN ..., 1° try failed (Fetch url error:Couldn't connect to server)
. 2021.08.21 20:37:47 - Collect information about AirVPN ..., 2° try failed (Fetch url error:Couldn't connect to server)
. 2021.08.21 20:37:48 - Collect information about AirVPN ..., 3° try failed (Fetch url error:Couldn't connect to server)
. 2021.08.21 20:37:49 - Collect information about AirVPN ..., 4° try failed (Fetch url error:Couldn't connect to server)
. 2021.08.21 20:37:49 - Cannot retrieve information about AirVPN: Fetch url error:Couldn't connect to server

I still have the exiting problem on OS X Catalina. It happened after cancelling the Latency test then trying to quit (I didn't think about saving the log).

If my memory's right, with previous versions, it also usually happened after cancelling Latency tests. The sequence would be: after OS X woke up, Eddie sometimes got stuck while doing latency test; I would cancel them, then try to quit so I could relaunch Eddie to have the proper Latency tests but it wouldn't exit.

As described by others, the latency refresh button often freezes, leaving no ping values present.  When it happens the client won't exit, and I have to force close it from Task Manager.

Also the startup/shutdown behaviour seems to have changed in recent versions.  Now my online backup client window pops up every boot to indicate it's disconnected, and doesn't connect until after the Eddie client loads.  I'm not using Network Lock.  I suspect this is a side effect of not closing the client down when I shut down my PC, but I've used Eddie for years and have never had this problem until the last month or two.

(Windows 10 with latest updates, btw.)

IPv4 and IPv6 checking is ok, but it stops at checking DNS, then disconnect. Every server has the same result, also the ping doesn't work correctly.

(Windows 7 x64)

6 hours ago, zsam288 said:

"don't ask elevation every run" is ticked yet elevation is asked every run

As per earlier in the thread, workaround is to run Services app and set Eddie Elevation Service to Automatic instead of Manual.

22 hours ago, Combat said:

IPv4 and IPv6 checking is ok, but it stops at checking DNS, then disconnect. Every server has the same result, also the ping doesn't work correctly.

(Windows 7 x64)

Same symptoms here. 2.21.1 is unusable in Windows 7 x64. DNS check fails and then it's an endless loop. No connection. Installation of this version also looked strange compared to all earlier versions. Much slower, like it was swimming in glue.

1. the option "VPN Interface name" cannot be left blank,
    1. when I leave it blank, save and close the options and open them again, it's back, I can change it to something else
  2. This same feature messes with qBittorrent
    1. I have set a network interface qBT can use and everytime I reconnect Eddie, i need to cycle the options in qBT for it to recognise the interface again
      1. i assume beceause the interface gets deleted/recreated and qBT doesn't see this as the same interface

eddie 2.21.1beta

On 8/31/2021 at 4:10 AM, quanthenys said:
On 8/30/2021 at 5:41 AM, Combat said:

(Windows 7 x64)

Same symptoms here. 2.21.1 is unusable in Windows 7 x64. DNS check fails and then it's an endless loop. No connection. Installation of this version also looked strange compared to all earlier versions. Much slower, like it was swimming in glue.

Installation was normal for me, same as the other versions. The only problems are the DNS check fail and the ping too high for many servers, I hope they will be fixed.

@Staff
This version implements WireGuard support. AirVPN servers will offer it, during an opt-in beta-testing phase, within September.
Is there anything new regarding the WireGuard beta-test?

I just want to say thank you for the new update!
I'm currently using the new Eddie beta with Wireguard config files from a different provider and it seems to work almost perfectly.
The only issue I'm having is with network lock.
As long as network lock is enabled it remains stuck at this step:

. 2021.09.12 16:30:09 - WireGuard > peer(6c25…nXzQ) - Sending handshake initiation

But as soon as I disable network lock it starts working again.

Can't wait for the new stable version!

On 9/12/2021 at 5:44 PM, SoonToBeReturningCustomer said:

I just want to say thank you for the new update!
I'm currently using the new Eddie beta with Wireguard config files from a different provider and it seems to work almost perfectly.
The only issue I'm having is with network lock.
As long as network lock is enabled it remains stuck at this step:

. 2021.09.12 16:30:09 - WireGuard > peer(6c25…nXzQ) - Sending handshake initiation

But as soon as I disable network lock it starts working again.

Can't wait for the new stable version!
Where do you have an entry for WireGuard in Eddie? I have Ubuntu 20.04, the latest mainline kernel and wireguard package installed from the standard repository. I see nothing related to WireGuard in Eddie's beta version. I have even confirmed that the WireGuard setup does work in my computer, since I am able to connect to my own WireGuard server.

Anyone else seeing this kind of error when trying to add routes (I'm using under Linux)
route.thumb.png.c5eed250c3261734b7f24b580c028dec.png