Not connected, Your IP: 3.139.104.214

I am new to freeBSD. Can you help with guide how to run hummingbird suite or eddie in freebsd? or is it only possible with openVPN as of yet?

You can try compiling and running Hummingbird on FreeBSD, see how it goes. I doubt some features like NetLock will work, though.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

@m1ster

Hello!

You can't build Hummingbird or the AirPVN Suite in FreeBSD because OpenVPN3 AirVPN library needs various modification for FreeBSD, you will not be able to even compile it at the moment.

We have plans to port the AirVPN Suite to FreeBSD later this year, but first we need to adapt the library, which might be or not a trivial task, and we must release a new Eddie Android edition version before the summer is over.

At the moment you only have the Linux binary compatibility mode option (try with Hummingbird, as Eddie will have too many complications due to Mono), and of course OpenVPN 2.5.2.

Hummingbird and the Suite support and have always supported pf, the default FreeBSD firewall, but different directory tree and some other issue may cause trouble. https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/handbook/linuxemu/

Anyway we assure you that FreeBSD support improvement with native applications remains our goal for 2021. Our FreeBSD users are many (25% of our Windows customers, and 20% of our Linux customers, who are currently the absolute majority), not to mention the system outstanding superiority, so stay tuned.

Kind regards

On 7/16/2021 at 11:03 AM, Staff said:
@m1ster

Anyway we assure you that FreeBSD support improvement with native applications remains our goal for 2021. Our FreeBSD users are many (25% of our Windows customers, and 20% of our Linux customers, who are currently the absolute majority), not to mention the system outstanding superiority, so stay tuned.
+1 GhostBSD with ipfw firewall. For now, GhostBSD uses OpenVPN Administrator, which works (thanks to the forum) and has a Network Proxy program as well, which I am trying to get to work. At any rate, I assume that both of these tools originate in FreeBSD. Hoping for native AirVPN applications in 2022...