Not connected, Your IP: 44.212.39.149
Staff

AirVPN 11th birthday celebrations

Hello!

Today we're starting AirVPN eleventh birthday celebrations offering special discounts on longer term plans.

It seems like it was only yesterday that we celebrated the 10th milestone birthday, and here we are, one year later already.

From a two servers service located in a single country providing a handful of Mbit/s, the baby has grown up to a wide infrastructure in 22 countries in four continents, providing now 240,000+ Mbit/s to tens of thousands of people around the world.

We still define it as a "baby", but AirVPN is now the oldest VPN in the market which never changed ownership, and it's one of the last that still puts ethics well over profit, a philosophy which has been rewarded by customers and users.

2020 (and 2021 so far) have been harsh years for the mankind but we have no rights to complain too much because AirVPN was only marginally touched by those terrible repercussions which affected many other business sectors in general.

In spite of that, we could not maintain our promise to deliver native software for FreeBSD and we apologize for the failure. However, releasing software for FreeBSD, specifically AirVPN Suite, remains one of our goals, so stay tuned.

On the other hand, Eddie desktop edition, AirVPN Suite for Linux, Hummingbird for Linux and macOS, and OpenVPN 3 AirVPN library were updated substantially and swiftly.  Moreover, Eddie Android edition development has been recently re-opened to provide a new version updated to new requirements and specifications of Android 11 during 2021. Hummingbird was natively released for M1 based Apple Mac systems too, allowing a dramatic performance boost (up to +100% in >100 Mbit/s lines).

Behind the scenes, infrastructure had some paramount improvements.

The whole network in the Netherlands has been enlarged with additional redundancy and several servers around the world have had hardware upgrades. In Sweden and Switzerland we started operating servers connected to exclusive 10 Gbit/s lines and ports, and we optimized the environment to obtain more bandwidth from the OpenVPN processes. We managed to beat the previous 1.7 Gbit/s barrier. The performance on the customer side has improved and reached new peaks of excellence, as you can see here: https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/48234-speedtest-comparison/?do=findComment&comment=130191

Furthermore, the infrastructure has become fully Wireguard capable and throughout 2021 we will start offering Wireguard connections, in addition to OpenVPN ones, in an hardened environment which mitigates the numerous privacy problems posed by Wireguard.

Last but not least we re-started operations in a fourth continent, Oceania, with a new server in New Zealand.

All AirVPN applications and libraries are free and open source software released under GPLv3.

It's worth quoting literally what we wrote last year for AirVPN birthday:

We think that it's somehow surprising that AirVPN not only survived, but even flourished for 10 years, in an increasingly competitive market and increasingly privacy hostile environment.

No whistles and bells, no marketing fluff, no fake locations, no advertising on mainstream media, a transparent privacy policy, no trackers on the web site or in mobile applications, no bullshit of any kind in our infrastructure to sell your personal data to any personal data merchant, and above all a clear mission that is the very reason which AirVPN operates for https://airvpn.org/mission , are probably, all together, the factors which allowed such a small "miracle" and maybe make AirVPN unique.

Thank you all, you users, customers, members of the community, moderators, developers: the small "miracle" happened because of you, because you saw something in AirVPN.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Staff

Happy Birthday AirVPN 🎂🙌🎉

Been with you from almost the beginning and I'm sticking with you till the end 🤗

We Love You ❤️

How long is it available? I get my payment on the first and I really want to buy it next week! Thanks in regards

Happy Birthday!
I'm a happy customer. The speeds are great for me on most servers (thanks to multiple datacenters to chose from ex. Leaseweb, M247 in Germany).
One thing I would like to see is some visual polish in the Windows (Eddie) app. It's nothing very important in a security software but some UI refresh would be great.
Keep the wind (air, pun intended) in your sails and GL in the next year.

Great job. Been very happy with the service and support over the years. Keep up the good work!!

16 hours ago, LopisxD said:

How long is it available? I get my payment on the first and I really want to buy it next week! Thanks in regards

Hello and thank you!

You will be able to get the special prices even during the first days of June.

Kind regards

On 5/28/2021 at 1:35 PM, Staff said:

Hello and thank you!

You will be able to get the special prices even during the first days of June.

Kind regards

Could you announce the exact date?