Not connected, Your IP: 35.175.236.44
John Gow

West Coast USA/CA Servers Overloaded?

Hello, after reading the pinned post about blocking VPN in China I feel a little embarrassed by the relative importance of my issue, which has been occurring more frequently over the past ~6 months.  I wouldn't normally complain, I've been using Airvpn for years, but it's getting a bit worrisome.

I usually connect to Airvpn's Canada BC servers, but they seem to be having serious load balancing issues. The screenshot depicts a typical situation,  the Los Angeles, Fremont CA, Vancouver, even the Chicago and Phoenix servers are not listing. I find that I am often kicked from a server and reconnected to another one *very* far away. For example, I'll be on Sham in BC and a couple hours later find that I'm suddenly connected to Atlanta Georgia or Toronto 2,000 miles away....  Is this due to excessive traffic on the west coast, and are there any plans to increase service coverage for this region?

airvpn_server_westcoastNA.png

@John Gow

Hello!

It looks like more a "picking the right server for you" problem than an overload or load balancing problem. We also don't see any overload in US or CA West Coast.

Can you define a while list of your favorite servers? It should meet your needs. You can define the list in Eddie's "Preferences" > "Servers" window. Multiple selection (CTRL + click and SHIFT + click) is allowed for your comfort.

Once a white list is defined, Eddie will consider only servers in that white list.

Kind regards

On 5/16/2021 at 3:09 AM, Staff said:
@John Gow

Hello!

It looks like more a "picking the right server for you" problem than an overload or load balancing problem. We also don't see any overload in US or CA West Coast.

Can you define a while list of your favorite servers? It should meet your needs. You can define the list in Eddie's "Preferences" > "Servers" window. Multiple selection (CTRL + click and SHIFT + click) is allowed for your comfort.

Once a white list is defined, Eddie will consider only servers in that white list.

Kind regards

Sorry for the late reply, but since I'm here...

I choose the servers that have the lowest latency or highest speeds. These are typically those that are closest to me geographically.
They have usually been Vancouver, but I now get dropped by them when they get too full.
I would rather have a stable connection than the fastest one, so I've started to lean on Los Angeles (Fremont, CA is now appearing very loaded a lot, I used to use that) or even Phoenix. Of course, I would rather use a non-USA server when I'm in the USA, and apparently, so would everyone else. I am a little weirded out about using Texas servers  because I think some search results were once edited when I was using Dallas (can't prove it),  and Texas quite frankly scares the shit out of me.  I have removed Dallas servers as an option.

Is there any other way of knowing "which server is best for me" other than just using the fastest one with lowest latency?

edit:  Traditionally the Vancouver servers show the lowest latency and give me the best service. As you can see, they are shown as having high loads. I jump off at this point to Merope or an LA server, but these can tend to go >50%.  The Fremont, CA server is mostly unusable for me now. That red status is pretty normal for it.  These are the best servers for my area in terms of speed. I don't know why they are not showing up for you folks as being overloaded, unless my Eddie is lying to me. :(

losds2.png