Not connected, Your IP: 35.153.106.141
OWild

"Don't ask elevation every run" missing

Hi there,

I have two systems with last debian and last eddie version (2.20.0). With the first one i have the « Don't ask elevation every run » option in my preferences  but not with the second one.

I have read the « Read before posting » topic but the link to the FAQ is broken and the link to the manual have no manual, so I post here. I have also read https://eddie.website/#support

Is anyone have an idea to activate the option « Don't ask elevation every run » in my preferences ?

Are the two systems identical, as in, installed from the very same image, for example?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Are the two systems identical, as in, installed from the very same image, for example?
No they are not. I have installed them with an interval of 2 years. The most fresh install is the one with the "don't ask elevation" option.

21 hours ago, OWild said:
No they are not. I have installed them with an interval of 2 years. The most fresh install is the one with the "don't ask elevation" option.
Nevertheless, eddie should be automatically installed with all dependencies that it needs to have the "don't ask elevation" option, I assume

8 hours ago, OWild said:

Nevertheless, eddie should be automatically installed with all dependencies that it needs to have the "don't ask elevation" option, I assume

I'm not sure if it's a dependency issue because it's not exclusive to Debian. Here's a possible workaround, if not solution:

Thanks for your help my dear !

Expert mode option activated in advanced tab of preferences.

Installation of eddie-elevated.service returned :

tee: /usr/lib/systemd/system/eddie-elevated.service: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
[Unit]
Description=Eddie Elevated Service
Requires=network.target
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/lib/eddie-ui/eddie-cli-elevated service
Restart=always
RestartSec=1s
TimeoutStopSec=5s

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Since i don't have a "system" folder under /usr/lib/systemd/ but :
boot  catalog  logind.conf.d  scripts  system-environment-generators  user  user-environment-generators  user-generators  user-preset

May have I to mkdir "system" folder or to install  eddie-elevated.service under "user" folder ?

3 hours ago, OWild said:

May have I to mkdir "system" folder or to install  eddie-elevated.service under "user" folder ?

Depends on the systemd config of your distribution. Generally, I'd say it might do the trick, but it's better to check the manual page of systemd.unit beforehand to see if there are special paths for unit files.
Does /etc/systemd/system/ exist? If yes, you could use that.

22 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Depends on the systemd config of your distribution. Generally, I'd say it might do the trick, but it's better to check the manual page of systemd.unit beforehand to see if there are special paths for unit files.
Does /etc/systemd/system/ exist? If yes, you could use that. 

And you win !!!

I have created the /usr/lib/systemd/system/ and put the file eddie-elevated.service inside it and it works !

So the command for debian 10 is :
sudo mkdir
/usr/lib/systemd/system/
curl -sSfL https://eddie.website/temp/eddie-elevated.service | sudo tee /usr/lib/systemd/system/eddie-elevated.service && sudo systemctl daemon-reload 

Thanks for the help M. OpenSourcerer !